Author Topic: Aion: Tower of eternity launch date  (Read 9426 times)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: Aion: Tower of eternity launch date
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2009, 02:34:01 PM »
not got my head start code from play yet they were supposed to be sent out five days from official release so by my count thats today.

the email may well be in a queue or maybe they wont be sent till monday(heres hoping).

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2009, 07:11:22 PM »
well didnt get my code for head start booooooooo!!!!

but by all accounts the servers are full and there is massive queue's haha

and the ncsoft website has gone down for a fake maintenance  ;D

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2009, 09:04:29 PM »
I've heard distinctly mixed things about this game.
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2009, 09:08:13 PM »
I've heard distinctly mixed things about this game.

im bored so giving it a try :)

cancelled my play order and bought it from the ncsoft online store i like having a box and manual but sod it. :)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 10:06:36 PM by Keggi »

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2009, 10:16:32 AM »
I was number 1200 in the logon que for Gorgos and it took 2 hours before i could get on. And before i got in there was over 2000 people in the que.
I had no lag problems so guessing they had set low limits on server population and will increase it when they know the servers can handle it. Also as it took a while to get on i was right behind the main group and didnt have the problems with people stealing my mobs.

Oh and now when i tried logging in there was no que at all. :)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2009, 10:53:00 AM »
yeah im in today created one of each class elyos faction.

seems ok so far takes a while to figure some things out.

love the /cheer emote where i get my pom-poms out hehe
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 01:49:02 PM by Keggi »

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2009, 10:46:30 PM »
well got 2 chars to lvl 10 warrior/gladiator and scout/assasin gameplay seems straight out of a final fantasy cut scene.

the usual go kill this collect that quests interspersed with story setting type cutscenes.

must say i like the fighting animations are very fluid and was surprised that your actual char says a few things when casting spells and using bandages.

think i will be sticking with this for a while and will see how it goes.

not had one bit of lag myself and thats with loads of ppl in my area.

not joined a legion/kin/guild yet i cant decide what to use as my main .

only thing as a downside they dont have a friend/guildmate search box like they do in lotro/wow/war or i have not found it yet.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2009, 10:55:17 PM »
Any thoughts on the fact I'm hearing itsa grindfest from the get go? Any substance to those claims?

Also, have you tried CO? How do you compare the combat to it?

I'm passing on Aion purely because I don't like the subject material. However, I am interested to see what people think about it.

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2009, 07:25:54 AM »
Yea i dont know what mmo CO is like, but i have yet to see one where you dont grind. Do you get everything for free there?  :D

Yes there is lotsa grinding if you skip all the sidequests and expect to level purely on the main story. Right now at lvl 17 and a half i need to do a couple of repeatable quest as i ran out of soloable quests to do and am waiting for the Legion to do some groupquests later today. These repeatable quests reward you with coins that can be handed in for some armor and weapons so it doesnt feel like a complete waste.
I should get new quests in a level or two as i know of a few npcs i saw had quests i couldnt take yet, and i can soon start on a new zone. :)

Apparently there was some levels at early 20's where grinding mobs was the only option, but that was before the 1.5 patch they applied just before this launch. I am guessing most of those grindfest claims are from people that played on chinese version thats been out for a year or from early closed beta just before the patch was added.
I think more mmos should launch in china a year in advance to remove bugs and see where theres missing content.  ;D
Only problem is the class balance can be a bitch as they all seem to prefer assassins. I saw some weird class poll where there were tons of assassins and certain classes was hardly played.

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2009, 08:03:10 AM »
Any thoughts on the fact I'm hearing itsa grindfest from the get go? Any substance to those claims?

It's Korean. It'll be a grindfest.
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2009, 08:17:22 AM »

It's Korean. It'll be a grindfest.

I am inclined to agree.

And Dlarah, I do think theres a differance between 'go fetch me 10 boar intestines' and just grinding mobs to level. I'd rather quest grind then mob grind. How does Aion handle levelling?

Also, my comment about CO was purely from a combat perspective. CO's combat is very fast paced, with lots to do. Is Aion similar, or is it a click on a mob till it dies affair?

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2009, 08:35:15 AM »
Not tried CO so dont know how this combat is compared to that. Clicking on mobs and they die? err no... but ive taken ranger wich feels kinda gimped until 16 as you play a melee scout up until lvl 10 then get your bow and 2 bow skills so its a mix of melee and ranged for a few levels.

My leveling have been mostly kill x mobs up until now. About to start on the 4th round of that repeatable quest and that will get me into next level so i can go round looking what new quests i can get and i will have enough to buy 2 pieces of armor or a weapon. And as a bonus ive had lots of drops from these mobs i can use in my alchemy. :)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2009, 08:36:58 AM »
the starter area is to get you to lvl 10 then you go to the next area i did every quest in the starter zone and reached lvl 10 no bother didnt grind anything.

all mmo's i have played work the same way but i cant speak of things past lvl 10 in this one but its fun so far.

only real gripe so far is the idiots that refuse to speak english in general when you can create another language channel in chat.

think i will look for a legion today as i decided to make my assasin my main.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2009, 09:24:36 AM »
Interesting.

Let me know what you guys think after a couple of weeks.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2009, 01:52:53 PM »
omg they do maintenance of a wednesday afternoon or so ppl are saying they need to change that quick.

they gave a 60 second warning that servers were coming down but the 60 seconds only lasted about 20.