Author Topic: Aion: Tower of eternity launch date  (Read 9431 times)

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
Aion: Tower of eternity launch date
« on: July 07, 2009, 10:15:35 PM »
Found the following in my email today after not having visited it for a few days:

Aion will be landing on store shelves in North America on September 22, 2009 and in Europe starting September 25, 2009! Preorder your game today to guarantee your copy on day one, get access to all the beta events, secure character and server preselection, and gain headstart access to the live game. Find out more about the exclusive preorder benefits at www.aiononline.com/preorder

Woot! I have been waiting for this game ever since i heard about it a couple of years ago and i really hope it will be more finished and ready for launch than some of the recent mmo's comming out have been!
I have now put in my preorder ofc and crossing fingers as i might get a betakey with that. 
More info on Aion: http://eu.aiononline.com/en/ (movie section recomended)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Aion: Tower of eternity launch date
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 06:52:16 AM »
CCP Keiron (Ex community manager) is the main community guy for Aion :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 10:53:05 AM »
Another forum I use is full of Aion beta testers, and one has this to say after he recently got in:

I have played enough of the beta now to question if Aion is going to be worth dropping money on come September. My first complaint is that the introduction to the game is just fucking boring. I REALLY wish the "start as a generic class and advance later" thing would just die already. EQ2 did the smart thing and did away with it completely. If someone wants to play a Ranger then let them play a damn ranger. Don't make them do hours of boring "scout" shit first. This is VERY noticeable if you have interest in two classes of the same type. Lucky for me I didn't want to test a Assassin and a Ranger. Talk about a chore.

Once I finally got my Ranger/Gladiator and Chanter to 10 the game play picked up a bit. That made me feel better. My next complaint showed up though. The quests are all as generic as the starting classes. It is just a non-stop stream of kill and collect quests. I prefer this to endless grinding but not by much. Class game play is going to be VERY important if this continues all the way to max. Which I hope it does not.

My current feelings for the game are just kinda mixed right now which is a shame considering that as a new MMO it should be all fresh and good times even if the suck starts later. I loved the first part of AoC as a example. Even a horrible game like that managed to hook people at least for a little while. I don't get that with Aion at all which makes me think I should just save my time and money and hold out for something else. The end game of Aion might be a total blast with the pvp and sieging but if the road to that is just dull then they will lose a ton of potential business. I have to September though so might as well keep testing things out and see if things turn around.

I'll dig up more and varied opinions ofc :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 08:02:01 AM »
Steam have this for £35 with 7 extra free days on top of the free 30 when it goes live.

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 07:13:16 PM »
There is a closed beta event from july 17 to july 20 going on but unlucky me is working 12 hour nightshifts this weekend. :(
Did manage to get about 30 mins of at least making a char and killing a couple of mobs for a couple of quests...
The character creation have tons of choices for customizing your character look and you can go advanced and tune all sorts of stuff. One thing annoying me was that you had 4 voices to choose from but the option to test each of them didnt seem to work for me so i had to enter the game then remake characters until i found one i could live with.
I am hoping to see a little more than just the starting zones before this event ends so unless i am completely exhausted on moday morning when i get home from last shift i will probably play for a while and hope it doesnt end early that day. I want to at least have a try at flying!  :D

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 01:50:28 PM »
Another forum I use is full of Aion beta testers, and one has this to say after he recently got in:

I have played enough of the beta now to question if Aion is going to be worth dropping money on come September. My first complaint is that the introduction to the game is just fucking boring. I REALLY wish the "start as a generic class and advance later" thing would just die already. EQ2 did the smart thing and did away with it completely. If someone wants to play a Ranger then let them play a damn ranger. Don't make them do hours of boring "scout" shit first. This is VERY noticeable if you have interest in two classes of the same type. Lucky for me I didn't want to test a Assassin and a Ranger. Talk about a chore.

Once I finally got my Ranger/Gladiator and Chanter to 10 the game play picked up a bit. That made me feel better. My next complaint showed up though. The quests are all as generic as the starting classes. It is just a non-stop stream of kill and collect quests. I prefer this to endless grinding but not by much. Class game play is going to be VERY important if this continues all the way to max. Which I hope it does not.

My current feelings for the game are just kinda mixed right now which is a shame considering that as a new MMO it should be all fresh and good times even if the suck starts later. I loved the first part of AoC as a example. Even a horrible game like that managed to hook people at least for a little while. I don't get that with Aion at all which makes me think I should just save my time and money and hold out for something else. The end game of Aion might be a total blast with the pvp and sieging but if the road to that is just dull then they will lose a ton of potential business. I have to September though so might as well keep testing things out and see if things turn around.

I'll dig up more and varied opinions ofc :)

lol reading this he sounds like a i want it now type even in WOW you cant start putting points into your skill tree till lvl 10.

i get what he means about all mmo's starting the same though.

anyway im going to give this ago ordered from play with a gamecard no way i give these company's my CC details.

also i get a 5 day head start with play i may not get all of these as i only ordered it today but if its absolute crap i can cancel my order before it ships hehe, i have to dl the beta client for the head start though  which is at 38% so far. :)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 01:52:42 PM by Keggi »

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 07:01:57 PM »
You can order from ncsofts own store as well. Serial code and the benefits of preordering but no box: https://secure.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/Store.pl
Head start is tomorrow so dunno if you would get the code before that.

Early character creation started last night and i have reserved a warrior and a scout on the Gorgos server. :)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 07:08:54 PM »
play are sending the codes out tomorrow so should be ok i have created an account and the client is dl'ed so just waiting on the code.

from what i understand uk/eu headstart is from 8pm uk time.

hows the lag any to report ? and what faction you going for ?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 07:13:47 PM by Keggi »

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 07:40:10 PM »
Going Elyos and only lag i have experienced was on one server right after open beta started. Took ages for npc's to respond to you clicking on them so i started on another server.
Gorgos looks like it might be one of the higher populated servers. Could be because the RPers, UK and some Dutchies and Spanish peeps have unoficially voted for that to be the server they go to. At least the russians and spanish people that are going to bitch about not having their own servers and plan to not speak english in regional chats are supposed to be going elsewhere.

People making Asmodians have to keep in mind they might not be able to play with friends on some servers as there are more asmodians that elyos on most servers and restrictions on asmodian vs elyos balance might kick in. Already some guilds have been split in two because not all their asmodian members could make headstart chars on same server.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 07:47:42 PM »
think i will go Elyos then i like being the underdog, think i may create a mage and go down the sorcerer path.

does headstart chars carry over to live ?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 07:53:04 PM by Keggi »

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 09:08:25 PM »
oh well may have to wait till live spent 4 hours dl'ing the client tried opening the zip and get the message.

*cant open corrupted data or missing files* thats from gamershell site

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2009, 06:03:17 AM »
Corrupted downloads sucks.  :-\

Yes headstart characters will carry over to live. And preorders could also create 2 characters 2 days before headstart even began to reserve names, but it wasnt possible to go past the character creation screen and play.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2009, 08:55:45 AM »
think i have the dl working now i managed to find a link to the ncsoft launcher and it seems to be dl'ing through that at the moment.

i had tried dl'ing it through gamershell and had tried it 4 times yesterday from 4 different locations but none worked either said corrupted files or empty folder when i tried opening them. /sigh

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2009, 12:24:47 PM »
well everything downloaded and installed watched the intro movie came to login and it says wrong user id.

do you have to enter your headstart code before you can log in ?
if so will hope it gets here before 8 pm

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2009, 02:26:22 PM »
I made my characters with the beta code i received when preordering. If you got a code did you add it on your ncsoft account at http://eu.ncsoft.com/en-gb/ ?