Author Topic: Merged Guild Name  (Read 13449 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Merged Guild Name
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 06:14:12 PM »

Im already convinced Jon is the man for this job :)

Id have no issue with that, im already doing it for over 1000 people in eve so why not a few more elsewhere.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2012, 06:17:24 PM »
Better safe than sorry when it comes to registering guild ingame I say.
Rather get it before we go on a 6 page Farstar tantrum and it's not available.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2012, 06:19:54 PM »
btw, if 3 other like minded fools want to join me at some point we can register farstar with the guild guy, maybe we should hold off until our respective current leaders have acted though

ours has acted, just waiting on teh other cogs to turn ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline hadron

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 07:06:58 PM »
they may need a crowbar to help turn them ;)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2012, 07:18:58 PM »
they may need a crowbar to help turn them ;)

you are that crowbar, go at em, after all its about us all surviving in game rather than fading away
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2012, 07:20:37 PM »
So in an effort to not run ahead of things at all, Farstar now exists ingame and farstarguild.co.uk has been registered. >_>
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline hadron

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2012, 07:41:52 PM »
like I said, a crowbar applied in a friendly manner may be helpful

http://swthelastalliance.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=438385&TabID=3744731&ForumID=2114024&TopicID=10065368&Page=1#48200540

it would be useful if respective leaders could show some timeframe for things, I am not the crowbar :) though I may resort to using one at some point :D

Offline Xin

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2012, 08:28:08 PM »
Good evening,

The idea of a guild merge was reviewed positive by our officers in CoT and today i posted our thoughts to all our members. I don't think many would oppose to the idea of a guild merge.  Our guilds are slowly dieing and anyone that comes online can see that.

When it comes too a finding a new name/website/forums i don't think it's a big issue.  From experience i must say that having a calender to organize grouping helps alot so people with many RL commitments can plan their gaming time.  I agree this should happen after enough people have voiced their opinions.

I'm looking forward having 10 - 20 people online every evening so we can cover every aspect of the game.  CoT and TLA have a shared imperial guild (The Last Circle - Frostclaw) aswell so we can explore all content with our friends.  Any thoughs/plans for this?

If all stays positive like now i think we could be ready in a couple of days.

If anyone wants any extra info whatsoever, feel free to contact me in-game.

Xini
CoT SWTOR GM

PS: the guild name "Ferrets of Doom" was suggested   :-X

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2012, 08:37:34 PM »
well Farstar  it is as

a)its formed

and

b) we have the domain name farstarguild.co.uk ready and paid for (waiting for it to propagate) , forum in the works ;)

Offline hadron

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2012, 08:42:19 PM »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2012, 08:43:52 PM »
"Ferrets of Doom"

This! :)

makes my bum squirm and just NO!!! for all that is good NO!!!

Offline hadron

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2012, 09:01:10 PM »
could I suggest that the current leaders of each guild; TLA, CoT, HoJ and Elevation chat about an initial leader and officer set up. I favour 2 or 3 officers from each guild at the start to get members enrolled, but there can be only one leader. I think it makes sense to elect a leader once things have settled (week or two) but that means someone needs to step up as an interim, I think that should be one of the current leaders who can put the time in during these early days.

I think if you guys can sort that out over the next few days we are good to go :)

We registered Farstar as a guild and my alt 'illyean' is currently leader with a few officers, I will hand over leadership immediately when the new leader is appointed

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2012, 10:49:22 PM »
Not to get to far ahead of ourselves, but both Xini and Aet have expressed a desire to not be the new GM. I've spoken to Mangala, and he is happy for me to take on the roll of GM of Farstar.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2012, 11:34:41 PM »
Not to get to far ahead of ourselves, but both Xini and Aet have expressed a desire to not be the new GM. I've spoken to Mangala, and he is happy for me to take on the roll of GM of Farstar.

+1 or whatever is cool in internet land to express agreement

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2012, 11:43:13 PM »
I've been chatting with Aet and Xini tonight, and the consensus of opinion is that 'Farstar' is quite short as guild names go, and would like something a little longer.

So, <The Farstar Alliance> has been suggested, with the option of having <The Farstar Conspiracy> for the Empire side.

I think this works with the new site, as farstarguild.co.uk can apply to both names. Also, it's an easy task to recreate the guild in game to <The Farstar Alliance>.