Author Topic: Giant bloody robots (aka Mechwarrior 5)  (Read 18977 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Giant bloody robots (aka Mechwarrior 5)
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2010, 03:31:54 PM »
 :(

Had the game installed already (from the time this tread started I guess), but it now crashes on me.
Will try a reinstall.

Also my ancient joystick is ancient. Will see if I can :raise dead:
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2010, 03:35:14 PM »
insert disc 2??? FUUUUUUU

gah, where are the days I had my games well ordered etc.

edit: ah, was less chaos than I thought, seems I put it in another DVD-case when I couldnt find the original case :)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 03:38:13 PM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2010, 03:47:15 PM »
Did a quick check of their forums and it seems original game is not compatible.

Torrent running...

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2010, 03:51:06 PM »
ive now remembered one of my major gripes from long ago, When weapons get destroyed they go black rather than get blown off.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2010, 10:06:10 PM »
yay, after a lot of hassle I finally got my normal game to work. had trouble with some missing dll-file from Nero or something.

unfortunately, in the process, I updated my vid-driver (still have the occasional BSoD with EvE) and now my resolution wont go higher than 1440x900, but will try to fix that tomorrow, tired of fixing

(oh, and got my joystick to work too!  :) but not my force feedback function  :( )

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2010, 10:23:53 PM »
Thats a thought, wonder if I could get this to work with my game pad I have for my PC (its the Microsoft windows/360 wireless one).
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2010, 08:25:58 AM »
unfortunately, in the process, I updated my vid-driver (still have the occasional BSoD with EvE) and now my resolution wont go higher than 1440x900, but will try to fix that tomorrow, tired of fixing
wtf, newest driver screws things up, cant get resolution up to where it belongs  :-\
so went back to old driver...

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2010, 01:07:44 PM »
I see the games, but can't join em. How frustrating. (bit like ETW btw)
Suspect I have to open ports on my router, but I'm a noob and cant work out how I should do that  :-[

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2010, 01:09:58 PM »
I see the games, but can't join em. How frustrating. (bit like ETW btw)
Suspect I have to open ports on my router, but I'm a noob and cant work out how I should do that  :-[

Quote from a moderators sig on the mektek forums:

You must open the following ports for MW4:Mercs 3.1 multiplayer (official article link) (also see the "Sysopreadme" file in the Mercs directory):
For TCP both inbound and outbound: 47624
For TCP and UDP both inbound and outbound: 2300-2400
Mercs is a "DirectX 7" game. Try both UPnP Disabled and UPnP Enabled on your router. Turn off all SW Firewalls, including the Windows Firewall. Check that your Anti-Virus SW allows Mercs to operate freely. Check and see if your modem has a built-in router. Could your ISP be blocking any ports? Choose the 56K in-game connection speed to start. Check Portforward.com for general router assistance and use their Port Checker app to see if your ports are really open. Check 47624 and several in the 2300-2400 range, both UDP and TCP. Note that the ports Portforward.com lists for Mercs are INCORRECT!

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2010, 01:43:32 PM »
yay! worked! thanks!

I have stood for this task before, but never got myself to work up the nerve to toy around with this

MW4 anyone?
ETW anyone?

:)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2010, 01:51:06 PM »
I need more practice at MW4 first (its my first 1st person mech game.... /ashamed)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2010, 03:06:54 PM »
point
shoot

im terribad at it

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2010, 03:32:42 PM »
point
shoot

im terribad at it

With me its all the buttons and stuff.

I may try it 3rd person - although that looks too small in windowed mode (which doesnt seem to want to switch to my chosen resolution) to really see whats going on.

Offline Ferrosol

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2010, 06:46:17 PM »
So at least I am not the only one who cannot hit the broadside of a barn in this game?
Eve Online: Sybil Tanitha
Eve Online Jennifer Ammant

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2010, 06:50:06 PM »
So at least I am not the only one who cannot hit the broadside of a barn in this game?

I cannot even hit the farm.

Still working my controls out.  I want a better mouse with more buttons - sticking with mouse+keyboard for this seems to be my best option, then i can actually play and do stuff, then die in MP to Saf and the other well versed folks.