Author Topic: Spore. I has it.  (Read 6215 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Spore. I has it.
« on: September 05, 2008, 06:05:19 PM »
And it is good. Making my neighbours extinct and stealing their DNA rocks!

Now all I need is the Acct mgt page on WAR-EU to appear and I am set for a excellent weekend.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Spore. I has it.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 06:19:48 AM »
This was released? When!

Must. get. Spore.

Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 08:17:37 AM »
got it also in fact not been to bed as i got sucked in by it :)

the game doesnt really get going until your in space :)

its ace very different than i expected but fun all the same could spend hours just creating little things to eat
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 09:20:49 AM »
This was released? When!

Must. get. Spore.

Yesterday in the UK, so the continent is probably the same.

Offline Gorphin

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 03:04:32 PM »
Until I get my new computer I can't play any of these games including lotrol as the current video card doesn't have the version of shader thats needed to make it look good or run as in spore the creature creator I have version 1.2 of the shader, spore needs version 1.3 to work. Although I did try out the demo, then my main computer went bang, and then I had to use my spare one.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 03:39:02 PM »
DAYUM!

I know how you feel though - had that happen to me a few months ago too, felt wierd not being able to play much of anything current :S

You main rig under a warranty or a self build?

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 08:26:38 PM »
The main gimmick is the creature/building/vehicle creator. There is no gameplay.

A one timer for me. A fun one timer, but a one timer nonetheless. :)
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Gorphin

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 01:38:10 AM »
Self built warrenty on the bits ran out a year ago.
memory cards welded themselves to the motherboard, didn't overheat, no surge as the plug is surge protected, so must have been a short circuit from the cpu as it was acting odd in the device manager about 5 minutes before everything went black.
Although spare computer was self built in 2002.

Offline Axenar

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 07:36:46 AM »
We should share our spore ID's it means you can add folk as buddies in game and increase the chances of seeing their stuff in game. Also means you can view easily what others have created.

Quite amusing when out and about in your spaceship and come across your mates creatures or ships then get to annihilate them. ;)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 12:41:26 PM »
My creations are under the name

toxicchilli
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Axenar

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 12:39:19 PM »
Well sadly mine is the same as my forum ID. Enjoy my attempts at Serenity from Firefly and a Cylon Raider among other things.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 07:50:52 AM »
What is it? Creatures 2008?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166