Poll

Which Republic Class Will You Play on Release of SWTOR?

Jedi Knight
3 (33.3%)
Jedi Consular
2 (22.2%)
Trooper
1 (11.1%)
Smuggler
1 (11.1%)
Republic? But I r EVIL!
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: SWTOR: Which Class Will You Play on Release?  (Read 2795 times)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
SWTOR: Which Class Will You Play on Release?
« on: September 22, 2011, 09:43:40 PM »
Come on then folks, let us know which class you want to play, and what role within that class you'll probably take.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: SWTOR: Which Class Will You Play on Release?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 09:49:15 PM »
smuggler then trooper then maybe some jedi types
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 12:12:16 PM »
Trooper because all the new wave of assbackwardretardedcasual MMOers will want to be jedi thanks to the abortions that were the prequel movies...
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 12:21:40 PM »
Sith Inquisitor. So prepare to feel my force lighting on your girly fannies, goody two shoes.....

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 12:27:19 PM »
Missing the option 'Starwars is for twats and fannies'.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 12:37:23 PM »
Sith Inquisitor. So prepare to feel my force lighting on your girly fannies, goody two shoes.....

Are you 12?

Do you have justin beiber hair and ride a skateboard?

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 01:13:34 PM »
I'm tempted to do a master in social psychology too and study you guys.

Basic concepts:

Ingroups and outgroups
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In sociology and social psychology, ingroups and outgroups are social groups to which an individual feels as though he or she belongs as a member, or (for outgroups) to which they feel contempt, opposition, or a desire to compete. People tend to hold positive attitudes towards members of their own groups, a phenomenon known as ingroup bias. The term originates from social identity theory which grew out of the work of social psychologists Henri Tajfel and John Turner. Using a method called the minimal group paradigm, Tajfel and colleagues discovered that people can form ingroups, as well as outgroups within a matter of minutes. Such groups can form even on the basis of seemingly trivial characteristics, such as preferences for certain paintings. Tajfel and colleagues' experiments also demonstrate that people are likely to privilege ingroup members (e.g. by awarding them more points or money), even when groups have been formed on trivial characteristics. Members of outgroups may be subject to outgroup homogeneity biases.

In evolutionary psychology, ingroup favoritism is seen as an evolved mechanism selected for the advantages of coalition affiliation. Elements of favoritism are flexible in that they can be erased by social categorization manipulations. Other components appear less flexible, or even essential - for instance this has been claimed for sex and ethnicity. A biological basis for these multiple systems for favoritism is indicated by behavior genetic research.

Most people belong to multiple social groups. Commonly encountered ingroup members include family as well as people of the same race, culture, gender and religion. Research demonstrates that people often privilege ingroup members over outgroup members even when the ingroup has no actual social standing.

Out-group homogeneity
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The out-group homogeneity effect, also known as out-group homogeneity bias, is one's perception of out-group members as more similar to one another than are in-group members. Thus "they are alike; we are diverse". People have a more differentiated cognitive representation of in-groups than of out-groups.

The implications of this effect on stereotyping have been noted. Social perceivers tend to have impressions about the diversity or variability of group members around those central tendencies or typical attributes of (out-) group members. Out-group stereotypicality judgments are overestimated, supporting the view that out-group stereotypes are overgeneralizations.

This bias was found to be unrelated to the number of group and non-group members individuals knew. One might think that people thought members of their own groups were more varied and different simply because they knew them better and thus have more information about ingroups, but this is actually not the case. The out-group homogeneity bias was found between groups such as "men" and "women" who obviously interact frequently.

Elsewhere, this difference is attributed to differences in how people store or process in-group versus out-group information. However, this concept has been challenged due to some cases in which in-groups view themselves as homogeneous. Researchers have postulated that such an effect is present when viewing a group as homogenous helps to promote in-group solidarity. Experiments on the topic found that in-group homogeneity is displayed when people who highly identify with a group are presented with stereotypical information about that group.

Are you 12?

Do you have justin beiber hair and ride a skateboard?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 01:15:52 PM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 10:01:40 AM »
I shall be playing with my penis. Which is in a class of its own.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 11:40:56 AM »

only Mace Windu is allowed a purple saber.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 05:25:20 PM »

The class of restricted growth ?
also know as micropenis  ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micropenis:D
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 05:30:00 PM »
god sake

why did i click that link? I never learn. It was just so obvious in the title.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2011, 05:45:03 PM »
god sake

why did i click that link? I never learn. It was just so obvious in the title.