Author Topic: Iq test  (Read 10532 times)

Offline lonadan

• Friends
  • Lurkers
  • BABYLON 5
    • View Profile
Iq test
« on: August 26, 2011, 10:57:47 AM »
my iq score is 76 - retard

julie got 113 score
Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Iq test
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 11:05:23 AM »
What test, and yes you are.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 11:05:57 AM »
What test, and yes you are.

yea link to test
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline lonadan

• Friends
  • Lurkers
  • BABYLON 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 11:17:13 AM »
Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 11:32:55 AM »
former roommate.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 12:02:58 PM »

(not that i have such a high IQ, but hey, you cant expect 20 questions without timelimit to tell you your IQ. also, the whole aspect of intelligence is rather dodgy, one definition of it being: 'that what an intelligence test measures' - seriously!  ::))
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 12:10:11 PM »

but i agree its not a "real" IQ test with only 20 questions and no time limit

although my average for IQ tests is about 135-140 normally ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 12:20:06 PM »
It does however have some time measurement built in, as I now got 154 with the same answers (I think).
(was wondering, so figured I'd check  ;))
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 12:23:06 PM »

average? how many srs IQ tests have you done?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 12:24:19 PM »

many over the years, and after years of pills making me dumb im almost off them and my brain is waking up again :D its all good
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 12:28:38 PM »

many over the years, and after years of pills making me dumb im almost off them and my brain is waking up again :D its all good

jesus, therapists with too much time on their hands: well, let's do another IQ test, because we dont know what else to do with you   ???

what were they expecting? you suddenly dropping 20 points or something?  ::)
(like that would matter much in those ranges...)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 12:30:18 PM by Warcold »

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 12:48:00 PM »
So it did matter i went away to get some coffee during the test..
hmm
former roommate.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 12:59:42 PM »
yeah, and 154 seems to be the max, as I cant get any higher (unless not all my answers are right)

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 01:17:00 PM »
I was looking at some of those i wasnt sure about. But i get the feeling you can to a certain level prepair for tests like this.
especially if you can find the answers somewhere or see if they are right or wrong per question. At least you'll know what to "look" for
and what they use.
So by practicing this you can to a certain level increase your score. Must have been researched by someone at some point.
former roommate.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 01:56:13 PM »
yes, you can improve your score on IQ tests by practice. there are books on the market that allow you to do just that.
that's also why there is quite some debate about IQ tests. if you can improve them by practice, that would mean that you can improve your 'intelligence', while it is supposed to be a rather stable thing. also, like I already mentioned - there is still no 100% agreement on what intelligence is. so that is what that definition came from: intelligence is what intelligence tests measure. and why besides IQ other forms of intelligence are made up: emotional intelligence and social intelligence to name the two I know off, sure there are more.

but anyway, all that a (good) IQ test really tells you is how good you are in doing IQ tests as compared to other people, where 100 is the average score by definition (what results score 100 is adjusted every few years, because people are getting smarter (read: getting better in doing IQ tests)) and the standard deviation is 15 (so 68.2% of the population would score between 85 and 115).

more debate: culture, language, etc. (SPOILER ALERT - discussing answers of the test)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoilers content.
. Who is the prime minister of Holland? Dutch ppl would prolly(!) know. Asylum seekers would have more trouble. Are they less intelligent? How do ppl with dyslexia (like yourself) fare on questions where thorough reading is needed. Prolly worse. Does that mean they are less intelligent? Are ppl who cant read less intelligent than ppl who can? How do we measure this?
etc.
etc.
etc.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 02:06:36 PM by Warcold »