Author Topic: Levelling thought  (Read 6789 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Levelling thought
« on: August 10, 2011, 11:20:50 AM »
So as those of us why may/have already got this etc will no doubt be starting around the same time, how about we keep 1 character from each stable to ONLY play with each other. 

So we all move at the same pace, alternate who takes the group lead and so on (for varying options in story branches), rather than the usual when we play a level based MMO were we all burn at different rates/play times and such and then end up getting bored waiting for others or burn out of the game too quick etc?

Then all other characters that we roll we do whatever with.

Been doing this in Lotro with Peiter and Garry lately (not so much uber lately, but when we coincide and dont have lives in the way) and its been really good fun.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Re: Levelling thought
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 11:22:51 AM »
why not

ill even volunteer to be the healer ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 12:13:57 PM »
have you 100% decided to go republic then? Me and Pidge are gonna be playing it, and initially I was gonna join PK guild, but then decided to set up a guild with just pidge. We'll be playing on the Empire side though. If you are republic, I might join in with this, and persuade pidge to do the same

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 01:36:10 PM »
have you 100% decided to go republic then? Me and Pidge are gonna be playing it, and initially I was gonna join PK guild, but then decided to set up a guild with just pidge. We'll be playing on the Empire side though. If you are republic, I might join in with this, and persuade pidge to do the same

Yeah Republic is the side we are going properly, depends on how varied the stories are on both sides if we switch, roll alts etc

Im wondering if I can play this Grey on everyone mind...

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 04:30:49 PM »
sounds good to me. I tend to level multiple characters at the same time so saving one for "group hug" stuff only will be a nice change.
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 08:43:13 AM »
I'm up for this. Myself and Yyan (Andy) have already decided to do something similar with our Jedi toons, possibly Knight/Consular.

We could always do a 'Havoc Squad' scenario, and all level Troopers? Some go tank, some go healer, and some go DPS?

And I will be most definetly be rolling Sith at some point, so if Chug and Pidge do create a Sith guild, can we make sure it's on the same server, and called something reasonably cool and in keeping with Star Wars? :P

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 10:46:44 AM »
nah, it's called Bang Bros.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 04:59:21 PM »
Bump.

So theres Kurtts "Havoc Squad", how about other levelling groups and what not?

Pure Inquisitor group etc?

Or a balanced group that is 1 of each archetype?

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 05:03:34 PM »
Bump.

So theres Kurtts "Havoc Squad", how about other levelling groups and what not?

Pure Inquisitor group etc?

Or a balanced group that is 1 of each archetype?

i would like to level in a group only problem is different starting planets but from level 10/11 im in.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 05:24:48 PM »
4 starting planets

Korriban : SIth warrior and Inquisitor

Hutta: Bounty Hunter and Imperial Agent

Tython: Jedi Knight and Consular

Ord Mantell: Smuggler and Trooper

so it is possible to level those classes together until you get to appropriate fleet where everyone can join the party
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 05:41:11 PM »
As of right now, none of the Imperial classes appeal to me. I'm Republic through and through!

BH is the only exception, but is not high on my priority list tbh.

Really looking forward to doing 'Havoc Squad' though. I'm planning on going Vanguard with my Trooper, so would be happy to tank in this role.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 05:44:41 PM »
As of right now, none of the Imperial classes appeal to me. I'm Republic through and through!

Really looking forward to doing 'Havoc Squad' though. I'm planning on going Vanguard with my Trooper, so would be happy to tank in this role.

Im playing my trooper as a healer, i want to heal teammates by shooting them :D :D

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 06:16:43 PM »

Im playing my trooper as a healer, i want to heal teammates by shooting them :D :D

L4D comes to mind  ;D
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 06:20:03 PM »

L4D comes to mind  ;D

haha

the only thing i was always best at :)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011, 09:35:38 PM »
I think you're going to like this, guys. Ditching the current shitly named guild we have on Empire side and creating one in game as....The Horned Fist. So if you're going to roll an Empire toon...