Author Topic: Out of it for a week or two  (Read 1489 times)

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
Out of it for a week or two
« on: October 06, 2008, 07:10:36 AM »
Sorry folks but my trusty old PC finally gave up the ghost last night. >:(
So whilst im without a games machine ive taken the opportunity to change my Inet provider as well. ;D
I hope to be back up and running on or about 13th of October. At the rate we are going i guess that will put me about 10-15 ranks behind the rest of you. :-[ Oh well such is life.
Ill keep an eye on the boards from my laptop.
For those of you interested this was the final spec i went for.

EDITED

As a number of people expressed an interest.

Here's the final spec i actually ordered.  This spec does work very well as ive loaded War up onto it this afternoon and im currently running it at 1248 x 1024 with all setting maxed and im getting 53 - 62 fps in altdorf, PQ's and soloing and 49-57 fps in TA with approx 20 players in there. If i turn off a couple of bits like grass and reflections it seems to be staying steady in the 55 - 60 fps band no matter where i am.  Ive yet to try it in a large PvP area with 40+ players but ill let you know how it copes with that.

The spec?

AMD AM2 + Phenom 9950+quad core 2.6ghz 4mb cache

Gigabyte Ga-MA770-DS3 AM2+ DDR2 1066 motherboard (not crossfire or sli capable) - I read numerous reviews on this board and they all described it as a sturdy reliable board that has lots of overclocking capability.

Corsair 4x2gb ddr2 800 ram

Seagate 360gb sataII HD 7200 rpm 8mb cache - This is purely my boot hd and will have nothing on it but windows etc.

Maxtor 500gb sataII 32mb cache 7200rpm HD - This is my game drive.

Nvidia 9800GTX+ 512mb PCI-E DVI. - speaks for itself.  very fast and powerfull and handles the game very well when combines with the quad core processor.

samsung 20x sata dvdrw lightscribe

Logitec keyboard / optical mouse and speaker set

windows vista home premium 64bit

netlynx pci 54g wireless adaptor

2 year rtb (parts and labour warranty)

This entire package was delivered less than 50 hrs after ordering and came to £719.75 including VAT and free courier delivery.

A very nice little deal.  Yes theres better out there (including what i was going to pay £1500.00 for in the first place (until the wife said no way), but i dont think i could get a much better deal for the money.

the company are www.powerc.com

« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 04:27:02 PM by Macrune »
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Out of it for a week or two
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 09:17:30 AM »
Enjoy the time away! You'll like it even more when you get back.

Don't worry about ranks... I'll leave Thunderloins resting his loins at rank 10 for a while. ;)
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 10:19:37 AM »
Hopefully a complete gaming monster  ;D

Oh it will be, nice spec. Hope you make it back soon.

Order Torgal / Allein / Iapetus / Mellir / Ganymede
Destruction Stikklebrix / Mimas

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 03:41:16 PM »
Nice spec - and good luck with the ISP changeover ;)

As for levels, my alts should be company for you by then too :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."