Author Topic: FF 2011  (Read 1862 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
FF 2011
« on: March 23, 2011, 02:16:22 PM »
So, you arrived in a cold(?) Iceland by now I take it?
How is it there? When will stuff start? Met ppl you know already? You drunk?

Also, keep us updated with CCP news etc :)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: FF 2011
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 02:24:31 PM »
Afternoon pubcrawl starting shortly.  Most of my usual group have arrived, also met up with some RVBers who came too.

Fucking cold and its been snowing.

Opens tomorrow - for pass collection and signup for things (hoping for roundtable signup too).  Friday is the main start though, with it and Saturday the big days for everything (also covered by EVE TV).
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 02:28:04 PM »
Goodie bag contained a nice selection of stuff - free pc gamer (eve edition), security dongle like the wow authenticator (Currently sat in the security presentation hoping for more on this - and maybe android app etc), schedule (same every year with regards too looks) and random other stuff (postcards, lanyard for pass etc).

Totally heaving today too - and its not even a main FF day.  Lots more folks seemed to have gotten here earlier too - the wisdom of not using the packages does seem to have spread :)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 08:14:08 PM »
Android app would be nice as i'm basically 1-3 weeks from getting one... (just need to decide between the arc and play... )

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 02:04:34 PM »
Android app would be nice as i'm basically 1-3 weeks from getting one... (just need to decide between the arc and play... )

Wasnt mentioned from what I heard, but I have to admit I wasnt paying too much attention to CCP, as I kept expecting a troll (CCP Sreegs is Darius Johnson ex Goon CEO).

Got into the pvp tourny. Our team got knocked out of pvp tourney.  We fail, but that was the aim :)

Edit: FUUUUU Didnt get into pvp rountable :(  0.0 one was good though, Mittens was quite worth listening to on it. CCP really have no idea about 0.0 is what im taking away from it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 02:06:59 PM by Mangala »

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 08:53:38 PM »

CCP really have no idea about 0.0 is what im taking away from it.

I could join CCP then as I know fuck all about 0.0 either  :D.
im a care bear all the way  ;)
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 05:23:32 PM »
Video was brill on a 40ft screen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45mlVuLs_Nw

Rest of "CCP Presents" pretty damn shit.
Bad FF overall now I have spent the past 2 hours thinking about it. CCP just seems to be floundering forward with no real intention to do right by spaceships - just lots of "oo we want to do" and no real "we have done this, its epic, you'll love it". The odd snatch of promise, but overall, im very disappointed. Glad I come to the event for more than the eve shit.

Not sure if I will next year after comments about this year being the last eve focused etc...