Author Topic: Patch 1.3.4 in February?  (Read 2376 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Patch 1.3.4 in February?
« on: January 29, 2010, 07:22:51 AM »
No patch notes available yet, but this post from Andy Belforf from Mythic.

Folks,

Everyone has been asking for more details about 1.3.4. Well, while I can't provide the patch notes, just yet, I can certainly give you a bit more information than what was discussed in Bruce's Producers Letter, including a rough timeline:

At this point the plan is to have 1.3.4 on PTS by the first week of February or (at the latest) early the second week of February. Patch notes, of course, will accompany the opening of Warpstone.

We will be introducing an entire new line of weapons earned via RvR (this is the "feature players have been asking for"). These weapons will be purchasable via a vendor and will not be bought using medallions or crests, instead utilizing an entirely new currency system earned via Scenario gameplay from tiers 1-4. More information about these new items and how they're earned will be forthcoming in a Dev Diary with Developer Sean Bosshardt.

Speaking of Scenarios...

We are completely reworking the current structure of Scenarios by removing some of the less popular and streamlining the tiering of Scenarios. There will be more details upcoming in a Dev Diary from Content/RvR Lead Mike Wyatt next month. 

The last tidbit is a change to the way that the campaign functions. Starting with 1.3.4, once a Contested City flips into the Captured state (otherwise called "Stage 2") the Open RvR Campaign will now restart, leaving the realm sieging their enemies city with a tough decision: Stay in the city, possibly defeating your opponent's King, or retreat back to the open field to defend your realm?

So there's a little more meat to some of the changes coming in game update 1.3.4. Obviously we're pretty excited about these items and even more excited to talk about 1.3.5 and beyond in Bruce's next producers letter which will coincide with the launch of 1.3.4 on all live servers. We've had a great 6 months of improving every aspect of WAR and we're more focused than ever on continuing to deliver on what our players want: Fast hitting, skull crushing and engaging Realm vs. Realm combat.

There's never been a better time to join the WAR!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andy Belford
Community Coordinator
Mythic Entertainment
Nerf Lizards

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Patch 1.3.4 in February?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 05:03:58 PM »
Why is it a tough choice to kill the enemy king or go out on the field???
Does it take more than a few hours to kill the king? If so how long does it take to flip the entire world? (given it took somewhere around 1 day to flip a zone when i was playing)

Doesn't really strike me as anything.