Author Topic: WARNING! children can seriously damage your wealth (in and out of eve)  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
PART 1

several days ago whilst happily lvl 4 missioning in my Nighthawk my 14 month old decided to throw up over the sofa and carpet.
Off i run to clear it up. Whilst scrubbing away at the mess i suddenly realise ive left my toon mid battle  :o.
A swift visit to the PC reveals that my much prized ship is now only so much debris and im floating around in a pod.  ::)

after some rapid salvage operations and a quick calculation i work out im approx 200 mill down :-\

PART 2

Last night, or rather around 4 am this morning my youngest decides he isnt going to sleep any more and wants to scream the house down. Rather than wake everyone else up i bring him downstairs into my office at the back of the house out of the way. I decide a little lvl 4 missioning is the order of the day as i can't do much else whilst holding him.
So i pull out my Cerb (i hadnt bothered to replace the nighthawk) and off i go. Very quickly the reason for my youngests screaming becomes apparent when whilst sitting on my lap he promptly throws up all over my keyboard and mouse.  Off i run to grab some kitchen roll in a heroic damage limitation attempt. In The two minutes it takes me to mop up the worst guess what happens? Yup you guessed it. My Cerb is now only so much salvage floating around and im back in my egg for the second time in 3 days   >:(

The moral of this story dear friends.... Don't do anything above a lvl 3 when you're juggling rugrats single handed.  ::)

The total cost you ask?  well in total im down just over 400 mill. And thats after ive taken off what little i was able to recover  ::)
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Online Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
ouch indeed :)

let that be a warning to anyone else kids and spaceships dont go well together
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
That sucks Mac :)

Told you previously, sell children, life is peaceful, profit :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Online Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile

sell children, life is peaceful, profit :)

Im sure Angelina and Madonna would willingly add to their collections ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile

sell children, life is peaceful, profit :)

Im sure Angelina and Madonna would willingly add to their collections ;)

i could never be as cruel as that.  I look forward to reading in the news in a few years time headlines like. "madonna's daughter arrested for drugs". or "Brad and Angela's kids prosecuted for firearms offences".  Nothing is more guaranteed to fuck up a kid than a celeb with delusions of parenthood suitability.  ::)
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!