Author Topic: Capital Ship Pilots  (Read 4641 times)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Capital Ship Pilots
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 12:17:24 PM »
Good idea.
The Navigation skills are worthwhile training as some of the Capital skills (like Jump Drive Operation, Jump Drive Calibration & Jump Fuel conservation) depend on Navigation & Warp Drive Operation.

TBH I don't think it's worth skilling for a titan.  The smaller Cap ships (Carrier and to a lesser extent the Dread) are more more usuable and deployable.  The carrier is a pretty good ship and can be used in many ways - it has a longer "reach" due to the base jump range of the ship (measured in ly) and is cheaper.  Essentially Dreads are for sieges of POS's, other dreads and Player Owned Staions.

The idea of this thread is two-fold - it gives people a longer term goal and due to the business that we are working towards (capital ship production) it gives the corp better product range.  Our marketing of the ships we make has more options if we can deliver/move the produced ship to other systems.  We currently cover the Caldari Capital Ships (Carrier, Dread & Mothership), the Rorqual (Capital Industrial), Orca and probably the Rhea (JF).  Being able to cover the other racial ships - especially the Gallente (Thanatos, Moros & Nyx) would be good.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 12:24:24 PM by Rubino »

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 12:20:40 PM »
Good idea.
The Navigation skills are worthwhile training as some of the Capital skills (like Jump Drive Operation, Jump Drive Calibration & Jump Fuel conservation) depend on Navigation & Warp Drive Operation.

TBH I don't think it's worth skilling for a titan.  The smaller Cap ships (Carrier and to a lesser extent the Dread) are more more usuable and deployable.  The carrier is a pretty good ship and can be used in many ways - it has a longer "reach" due to the base jump range of the ship (measured in ly) and is cheaper.  Essentially Dreads are for sieges of POS's, other dreads and Player Owned Staions.

I know, titans are probably not worth it but they are cool :)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 12:27:28 PM »
lol - I'm looking forward to having the POS gunner skills one day soon - the idea of jumping in the POS guns make me think of Star Wars, tie fighters and Han Solo.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 12:30:41 PM »
lol - I'm looking forward to having the POS gunner skills one day soon - the idea of jumping in the POS guns make me think of Star Wars, tie fighters and Han Solo.

"Stay on target.... Stay on target..." BOOM!!

Offline Sinedia

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2009, 07:00:25 PM »
I intended my alt to become a JF pilot (Anshar) and have been training for it for a while now... according to my current plan she will be able to fly one in 48 days and I have no intention of changing that plan :)

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2009, 10:58:55 AM »
currently (although with the expansion comming it is posponed a bit) planning to fly a Chimera

just around 800 mil short in terms of skillbooks. :D But i will get there at some point (last was 20 days before i needed the 1st 400 mil, current cash is around 150 mil so i when i get back to training caldari bs i should be able to get that cash before i need it. Although any financial help would be greatly appriciated when the time is there)
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2009, 08:29:14 AM »
I'm sick of losing ships/stuff trying to do any kind of trading between fountain and empire so when I have the electronics, cloaking and cyno skills in a couple of days I'll change hrod into a plan towards a jump freighter.

Offline aeriese

• MAADI
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2009, 04:29:56 PM »
im, interested in flying a dread,  that will be in a year or so. but i just thought id put it out there. Will be the moros or the revalation.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2009, 11:38:33 AM »
Cool - the more we have the better - both from moving them when selling or when needed in combat.
POS warfare can be pretty mundane but it does have some interesting aspects.

When knocking up a plan for them:
1) Start with your weapons
2) Ensure you can T2 fit everything else
3) Get the "Siege Module" first (lvl 1 minimum - 3+ ideal)
4) Aim to get "Jump Drive Calibration" lvl 1
5) Train for the ship

It's the longer route but it does mean at (5) you'll be effective from the moment your ass hits the seat.
(4) is needed to help jump further and allows a fewer number of jumps to the engagement.  Each level increases your jump range by 25% - starting with 5ly at lvl 0.