Author Topic: cost of setting up a guild  (Read 3668 times)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
cost of setting up a guild
« on: September 09, 2008, 11:39:31 PM »
asked around about this and..................................

50 silver to register

you can buy banners for your guild at 2gold each dont think you need them straight away and from CB they play some role in RvR but we can look into this later.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: cost of setting up a guild
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 04:38:21 AM »
Excellent news - silver is very easy to come by so it seems :)

Been checking out guild system in game - looks pretty cool. Vaults, inns, alliances etc - pretty cool really.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 05:41:53 AM »
you can buy banners for your guild at 2gold each dont think you need them straight away and from CB they play some role in RvR but we can look into this later.

from what i gather about banners is that one guildie is the standard bearer carrying it into combat, banner has abilities depending on trophies attached and guild rank.

whilst being carried bearer cannot take part in combat, however it can be planted in the ground freeing up the bearer but making it an easier target for the enemy.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 01:43:09 PM »
some more on this.............

at guild lvl10 you can reserve heraldry which eventually can be used on cloaks and things costs 10gold

so thats where the money sink is in this game the guilds ;D

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 01:49:13 PM »
10 gold really isnt that much my lvl 7 dwarf engineer has 2g already so thats pretty easy to achieve between the 6 founders unless scavenging and only keeping the talisman stuff is what makes it lucrative ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 01:56:03 PM »
2g i think my lvl 6 has about 35silver and im using scavenging.(now have 96silver woot)

i now have talisman making also any idea how you get fragments i have all the other components including 2 blue curio's.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 03:15:20 PM by suralin »

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 05:17:03 PM »
What feature is scavenging?
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 05:26:16 PM »
i now have talisman making also any idea how you get fragments i have all the other components including 2 blue curio's.

not found the trainer myself yet, however if its like apothecary the trainer will sell basic ingredients, not sure whats needed so cant comment more than that.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 06:18:33 PM »
I like the whole 'automatically deposit into the guild bank' thing.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 07:20:21 PM »
I like the whole 'automatically deposit into the guild bank' thing.

I like Guild Taxes even more :D
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."