Author Topic: Eve competition (eventual)  (Read 2657 times)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Eve competition (eventual)
« on: January 29, 2009, 07:07:46 AM »
http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=26

A bit interesting imo, sounds like it could be a fun game or at the very least the fact that it seems based on realistic systems and physics (apart from ftl etc) is fun.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Eve competition (eventual)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 07:15:43 AM »
Looks ok - cant believe its one guy making it, and if it is, its going to become the Darkfail of the Scifi MMO world and take an age to get close to release.  Overall he seems to have looked at EVE and thought "I can do that, just bigger". Quite the undertaking :)

At least it isnt Jumpgate Evolution (Got an email about that yesterday - in it they mention higher level npcs and content and so on, made me cringe!).
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Eve competition (eventual)
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 07:28:02 AM »
Yup.
The only thing is he seems to be more "carebear" than what eve is currently.
Anyway.
Would say he has looked at eve and said "hmm a massive space game almost like elite but not quite, I think i can make it more similar to elite (2) with physics and landing and realistic systems"

Didn't realize it was only one person making it, means it is more likely to be vaporware than be released. Also I think that Braben might have elite 4 in the pipeline (at least he has hinted on it haha) which would probably be along the same lines.