Author Topic: TS Tonight?  (Read 4610 times)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
TS Tonight?
« on: December 06, 2010, 10:53:51 AM »
I mentioned this in /g last night, but will post it up here as well.

Are we going to all get on TS tonight for when Cataclysm goes live?

Would be good to hear all the oooh's and aaah's as we hit the new content, be it 80+ or Worgen/Goblin starting areas.

I hope to be on TS from about 10:30pm, to get the hype going, but it will more than likely be 10:59pm :D

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: TS Tonight?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 10:55:31 AM »
Yes!

Although I'll be learning Archaeology and old world flying on my DK then going off to play with that for a while. Screw new zones and new start zones on opening night! (I remember HFP on TBC opening night, was hellishly <pun> busy.)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 11:00:38 AM »
Yes!

Although I'll be learning Archaeology and old world flying on my DK then going off to play with that for a while. Screw new zones and new start zones on opening night! (I remember HFP on TBC opening night, was hellishly <pun> busy.)

Blizz eased that somewhat with the release of WotLK by having the two starting areas. I went out early in the morning on WotLK release day, so was online by about 9:00am. I didn't notice too many folk about, and it certainly didn't feel overcrowded. Of course, more folk will be only at launch, but again, there's two 80+ levelling zones to choose from, and also the RDF, which wasn't around with WotLK launch (I think).

Also, quite a few will be funnelled into the Worgen/Goblin starting zones (probably myself included).

Hopefully, it will be nowhere near as bad as TBC (which was horrific :D). 

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 11:04:09 AM »
Im avoiding the RDF as of 11.01pm tonight on all my chars going forward. Unless theres 4 HoJers at any one time in a group queuing for it. I want my guild to level godsdamnit and thats one of the ways.

Suppose 2 zones makes sense, and the Hyjal portal is the one people may see first (its close to the Archaeology trainer), so vashjr may be a good spot to hit (portal near the keep on an island / transport from the docks apparently).
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 11:05:55 AM by Mangala »

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 11:11:35 AM »
Im avoiding the RDF as of 11.01pm tonight on all my chars going forward. Unless theres 4 HoJers at any one time in a group queuing for it. I want my guild to level godsdamnit and thats one of the ways.

Suppose 2 zones makes sense, and the Hyjal portal is the one people may see first (its close to the Archaeology trainer), so vashjr may be a good spot to hit (portal near the keep on an island / transport from the docks apparently).

I'm more than happy to experience the new dungeons as a guild group, my prefered way in fact. I'd even look at having a Holy spec for Kurtt if there are no other healers (though my bro's druid is geard for Resto :D)...

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 11:50:40 AM »
ill be on BC learning flying doing archaeology and ill join guild dungeon romp if its available  ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 11:55:18 AM »
First im logging each and every current Alliance char on Aszune to get Archaeology and on my DK world flight and Skinning/Mining increases.

Then I may take him to Vashjr and just whore mats and ah the ass out of them all night rather than quest (exploration and gathering exp ftw), or I may level archaelogoy for a while on one of the Peds.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 11:58:12 AM »
First im logging each and every current Alliance char on Aszune to get Archaeology and on my DK world flight and Skinning/Mining increases.

Then I may take him to Vashjr and just whore mats and ah the ass out of them all night rather than quest (exploration and gathering exp ftw), or I may level archaelogoy for a while on one of the Peds.

This.

Though I've got four Alliance and three Horde to do it on :D

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 01:57:47 PM »
can listen on ts but as my sisters puppy chewed through the cable for my mic no ohs and ahs from me :)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 02:03:55 PM »
can listen on ts but as my sisters puppy chewed through the cable for my mic no ohs and ahs from me :)

Awww  :(

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 06:13:09 PM »
also chewed through my controller cable of my ps3 luckily it can be used wirelessly though re- charging it maybe out of the question :D

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 11:05:25 PM »
well logging off was a mistake cant get back on.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2010, 11:05:41 PM »
well logging off was a mistake cant get back on.

yup ;(

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2010, 11:21:57 PM »
Same.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2010, 11:51:59 PM »
well was fun reading the comments on mmo-champ think i wil try couple more times then go to bed.