Author Topic: Skirmishes  (Read 22845 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Skirmishes
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2009, 04:33:27 PM »
Devs trolled the LOTR Appendices and all the various other addendum books it seems.

Wish they;d have grabbed one of the battles fought around Erebor during the War of the Ring

still hoping to see Lonely mountain and Dale at some point, rumours are, they are waiting for the Hobbit movies release to cash in and add them ingame then
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2009, 04:42:11 PM »
was very wary of the idea of skirmishes at first and was one of the reasons i was not going to get the xpack.
but after reading the info here and in the link they look really good fun.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2009, 05:12:34 PM »
If its a way for me to get end game gear and class items without actually doing end game content repeatedly, then sign me up.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2009, 06:10:57 PM »
If its a way for me to get end game gear and class items without actually doing end game content repeatedly, then sign me up.

as far as i can make out Radiance gear (which is for raids only anyways) is the only thing not purchasable with marks. Armour weapons etc will be close to those that can be crafted.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2009, 12:20:13 PM »
In the Gondamon skirmish the flag encounter sometimes happen (rarely, had it happen twice to me yesterday in maybe 6 or 7 times there). First time I just clicked the encounter fluff text away, and I didn't get what the phukk I am supposed to do. Second time the fluff didn't appear, and thus I have even less of an idea now.

Trying to click the empty flag pole gives a "Missing key" error message, so I suppose something has to be picked up from somewhere. Is the flag somewhere outside Gondamon (like the craban encounter on Weathertop, the craban boss actually never enters the ring, took a while before I figured out I actually had to run into the shadows and body pull the craban boss to the ring).

Also tried to solo the barrows skirmish. Set difficulty to 40 (as it can only be as a small fellowship skirmish, no solo option), and I lasted abuot 4 minutes before croaking. The first "tick" happens at 10 minutes, so I guess it is not soloable at 42 yet :D

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2009, 12:24:00 PM »
In the Gondamon skirmish the flag encounter sometimes happen (rarely, had it happen twice to me yesterday in maybe 6 or 7 times there). First time I just clicked the encounter fluff text away, and I didn't get what the phukk I am supposed to do. Second time the fluff didn't appear, and thus I have even less of an idea now.

Trying to click the empty flag pole gives a "Missing key" error message, so I suppose something has to be picked up from somewhere. Is the flag somewhere outside Gondamon (like the craban encounter on Weathertop, the craban boss actually never enters the ring, took a while before I figured out I actually had to run into the shadows and body pull the craban boss to the ring).

Also tried to solo the barrows skirmish. Set difficulty to 40 (as it can only be as a small fellowship skirmish, no solo option), and I lasted abuot 4 minutes before croaking. The first "tick" happens at 10 minutes, so I guess it is not soloable at 42 yet :D

the gondamon flag is on the named dwarf you kill that kicks in the encounter quest, you pick it up place it on pole and another dourhand takes umbrage and comes to try and tear it down ;)

Barrows is awesome went in in a 6 man level 61 we lasted 10 mins :D

and as you say most of the encounters you have to go looking for them, they are worthwhile doing.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 12:24:49 PM »

i have got flags from a number of mobs in there and used the flagpole but never had more than 2 of the 3 flags and never seen any quest text that has anything to do with the encounter.

probably a bug of some sort

edit.........

just seen gary's post

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 12:26:25 PM »
i have got flags from a number of mobs in there and used the flagpole but never had more than 2 of the 3 flags and never seen any quest text that has anything to do with the encounter.

its not one fo the banners you get to use in the skirmishes its the "Gondamon West Gate Flag" or such

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2009, 12:32:27 PM »

its not one fo the banners you get to use in the skirmishes its the "Gondamon West Gate Flag" or such

aye mate i know i just probably just missed the text of the encounter. :)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2009, 12:44:44 PM »
the gondamon flag is on the named dwarf you kill that kicks in the encounter quest, you pick it up place it on pole and another dourhand takes umbrage and comes to try and tear it down ;)
Ok, so when the encounter text appears, the flag should be on the body I just killed? I've tried to loot everything everytime, but apparently I haven't done that then  :-[

Btw, sheesh I hate those fire-breathing bird lieutenents. All the other lieutenants I can Riddle and thus have easy time, but not the bird :(

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2009, 01:46:47 PM »
- encounter text 1: encounter appears
- search and destroy
- kill text: mentioning what to do
- loot
- do
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2009, 08:12:26 PM »
Ah, I am not totally insane after all. The flag quest in Gondamon is bugged.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=306017

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2009, 07:18:03 AM »
Are the "Bounty: Footman" items needed for something, or can I sell them safely? They seem to stack up, and I've not found any use for them, but the vendor price for them seems to be nice...

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2009, 09:26:55 AM »
I figured they were just bounties like the rest of em: for sale. Saw this confirmed in chat somewhere. Think it's the icon that's confusing.  :)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2009, 09:52:42 AM »
Yup, flogged mine, as I figured I couldn't barter them anywhere.