Author Topic: Free to play  (Read 32248 times)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Free to play
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2010, 02:35:42 PM »
So when is this thing going F2P in Europe?
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2010, 02:27:55 PM »
So when is this thing going F2P in Europe?

Once the "problems" that CM are having are gone.

As they are unwilling to say exactly what these issues are im thinking the legal men are involved between CM and Warner Brothers (who now own Turbine).

so its a SOONtm
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2010, 05:45:24 PM »
Dear players,

My name is David Solari and I’m the General Manager of Codemasters Online.

I'd like to give you some explanation (as far as I can), as to why the Free-to-Play service for LOTRO in Europe has been delayed.

As many of you correctly surmised, the issues have been contractual rather than technical. As they were contractual issues, we are bound by confidentiality and you will understand that I can’t give you any further detail.

This is the reason why we have been unable to provide you with any substantial information as to when we will go Free-to-Play, despite the desire to share this with you.
Unfortunately a contract was required in order to go Free-to-Play and this has taken much longer to conclude than expected.

The good news is that the contractual issues have been resolved and we are on the home stretch.

I can’t give an exact date at this time as there is still some preparatory work to do, but rest assured everyone involved is giving 100% to bring Free-to-Play to Europe, and there will be more definitive information hopefully later this week.

We can confirm the launch is imminent and we should be able to announce the dates later this week/early next week.

I understand the lack of information has been frustrating for you and for that I can only offer my deepest and most sincere apologies. It has been a very difficult time for all parties involved and we hope to draw a line under this and move forward to bring you Free-to-Play as soon as possible.

We are nearly there and can only thank you for your patience and continued support.

finally confirmation that its legal niceties holding it back so heres to SOONtm
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2010, 06:05:39 PM »
Aye does look that way.

Contractual stuff has to be related to them needing to renegotiate with Turbine set for 2011, but with WB's acquisition of Turbine this changed all that - and US side contract law is always a fun thing, given half of it is on a state by state basis.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2010, 09:50:13 AM »
It's not my fault Tolkien needs two pages to describe how the grass is dancing in the wind!
That's exactly why I never read all the way through it either...
Was glad they made the movies

Movies were ok but if frodo and sam did any more crying and moaning in the  2nd and 3rd parts i'd have gone and hunted them down myself. bloody pansies ruined it for me. Still on my DVD player ive got it set up so it automatically skips those bits when i play it. (intelligent programing FTW)  ;D
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2010, 02:24:05 PM »
It's not my fault Tolkien needs two pages to describe how the grass is dancing in the wind!

What if it's a complicated dance?
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2010, 08:43:35 PM »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2010, 06:23:36 PM »
so the Pando media booster isnt doing a good job and isnt boosting shit so the LOTRO community have set up their own torrent to download the preview client :) Just when CM could get some rep back they screw up again lolz

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2010, 08:09:22 PM »
Wut? We need to download it again?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2010, 09:08:28 PM »
Wut? We need to download it again?

no nubbins only if you want to take part in the ftp preview (i.e. beta - stress tests etc) do you need a new client download otherwise when it goes live it will patch as normal.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2010, 08:31:20 AM »
Hoozay! Nubbins is me!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2010, 11:39:23 AM »
Hoozay! Nubbins is me!

bake me some nub cake ill be back for high tea.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2010, 03:52:08 PM »
Five bazillionmilliongigadozen (5000) points to spend in the LOTRO store. The points won't transfer into F2P, but will the items you buy with them? DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN.

Can't bake cake. Must lose weight. I've been taking a crap every day since Saturday. Ridiculous. 

I want cake now. Damn you.

I also want to be home, installing the preview client and getting mah points.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2010, 04:24:17 PM »
Five bazillionmilliongigadozen (5000) points to spend in the LOTRO store. The points won't transfer into F2P, but will the items you buy with them? DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN.

Can't bake cake. Must lose weight. I've been taking a crap every day since Saturday. Ridiculous. 

I want cake now. Damn you.

I also want to be home, installing the preview client and getting mah points.

no all you get is the 50 0pojnts for taking part, the 5000 are for testing the store

nothing you buy carries over to live at all (why would it)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2010, 07:26:21 PM »
Oh fudgemuppets. I bet you enjoy telling little Scottish children that Santa Clause wears underwear underneath his reindeer kilt as well.