Author Topic: Buddy Keys  (Read 6172 times)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Buddy Keys
« on: October 03, 2009, 03:09:52 PM »
So, what with me being s Lifetime Subscriber and all, Cryptic have sent me three buddy keys to hand out to friends that grants a 14 day free trial.

One has been earmarked by my cousin, but I have two up for grabs if anyone is interested in giving CO a chuck.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Buddy Keys
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 03:22:26 PM »
and i has 3 also ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 07:53:06 PM »
when I get home in a few days I'll speak to my brother - he really enjoyed CoX so may like this too.  If anything it will help him pass the time as he's not even sure he wants to get SoM for lotro when it hits.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 10:31:17 AM »
How long are the buddy keys valid? Ie could one activate a key at the end of next week, if one did happen to have time to check out the game then? If that would be possible, would any of you care to send me a buddy invite? :)

The local leading gaming magazine "Pelit" (direct translation "Games") gave less that stellar comments in their latest issue (available yesterday). In their opinion the game is fun early on, and the player really feels like a super-hero, but then all of the sudden there is not anything to do but grind. Ie sounds like a 14 day trial might be a good idea to see the best parts of the game :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 10:44:12 AM »
14 days

ill pM you a key and instructions matey ;)

It isnt "perfect" but then its only 1 month old.

Leveling isnt fun 30+ (they have added more content and are adding more to sort this)

advice id give is get a passive defence as soon as you can (invul/regen/ personal force field etc) and possibly a block enhancer, oh and learn when to block, it is a very important aspect of combat (and most mobs let you know when you should be blocking anyways if you watch em)

the forums are getting better after the "free" month most of the dicks have gone so the L2P and Block mofo crowd have gone, and as a result any questions should get you a decent answer.

PVP is fun but woefully imbalanced especially when you get twats who need to win and pick whatever fotm powers are overpowered.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 10:55:03 AM by Caradir »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 10:51:05 AM »
Ok, thanks :)  I'll see if I have time to check in this week, else I'll leave it for next week :)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 06:12:15 AM »
I activated the buddy key yesterday, created a toon and logged on. Joined channelofjustice, nobody seemed to be around.

Got all the way to level 2. Have to say I am not that impressed so far. But I'll log on during the weekend for a bit more, to learn the travel powers at level 5, as it seems to be the oooh moment according to the newbie guides.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 08:26:04 AM »
I'm normally around on and off during the day, but mostly in the evening.

If you have one, try playing the game with an Xbox 360 pad. Makes a massive difference IMO.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 09:31:48 AM »
I have an old gaming pad (it's Microsoft Sidewinder and is connected to the USB port) that looks like this:

Would it be possible to play with that one? Does the game recognise it automatically, or would I have to change some settings?