Author Topic: EVE Mining Corp  (Read 18589 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: EVE Mining Corp
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2008, 08:04:40 AM »
Started to read, I'll read the rest of it later. but think first we have to decide on this:

One of the first and most vital steps I think you can take as a potential CEO in EVE, is to decide if you want your Corporation to be a casual Corporation or a major enterprise. If the casual route is your cup of tea, then there isn't much strategy to pass onto you. Simply start your corporation up, gather your friends and go do what you want to do in EVE – just be sure to enjoy yourself. If, however you want your Corporation to be a major enterprise, then I suggest to you that you begin with a business plan.

If we decide on the latter, we should decide when we will start with it, start with serious mining/refining etc.

Or do you guys think some hybrid is possible?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2008, 11:24:47 AM »
Imo we'll be "casual" whether we want it or not, at the start. With <10 active corporation members, of which about half are complete newbs to the game, I don't expect to make a "splash" in the Eve universe for months to come. I do like to play games "seriously", so in the long run I'd like us to try and get something "done", be it in industry or pirating/mercing.
But this will in all probability take even more months of trying to get a foothold somewhere from which to branch out.

For now I think we'll be fine going with the casual approach in trying to get more members, though I think the leadership should be planning for bigger things. :)
We have time though. Plenty of time.
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2008, 11:30:02 AM »
Lelle didnt have the title 'The Impatient' for nothing   ;D
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2008, 11:33:28 AM »
To support Gunnar, my first goal as a newbie is to actually pay for the game :P  So umm yes, I think perhaps admitting we are quite casual for the time being, but perhaps sometime next spring, when the corp has more members who are not complete newbies, a more "serious" business-plan needs to be developed. Then again, making a business plan now, which recognises the fact that not much is going to happen until next spring, might be in order.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2008, 01:31:45 PM »
Well i have started playing around with research/invention as well as my exploration fun.

Now id rather share the profits from this venture with the corp (which are none existant at the mo until i get used to the ins and outs)

I recently purchased a Cargohold Optimization I BPO, and then realised i dont have skills to do any work on it so that is my current aim, JUry Rigging III and whatever is needed (cant remember of top of my head) to start the efficiency research on that BPO.

Sometime down the road, 2months or so ill be ready to start making copies of the BPO, and/or producing and/or Invention (to try and get a Tech II BPC)  The money lies in the Tech II Optimization rigs (check prices they are good)

My needs for this are ofc, minerals, datacores, encryptors, a reliable base which i can carry out my research work.

The latter being THE most important aspect, finding public space can be nigh impossible. SO we need a loose business plan to start with.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2008, 02:28:55 PM »
Blimey - I don't log in for a couple of weeks and what do you guys go and do?

I've got my own little private corp together in Eve - Eurythmia - HQ Sarum Prime Imperial Academy.  It has my two toons as members: Lannee Ennox (see what I did there?) and Tyr Rak.  My plan is to get into Exploration, Manufacture, Research and Trade in everything Amarr.  Not taking applications as I want to get / keep the Corp's Amarr standings high enough for a high sec POS for some alchemy and research.  Not figured out where to be based but most likely it will be near to Providence (0.0 space controlled / governed by CVA and Severance two Amarr RP alliances who enforce an anti-pirate NRDS policy) with the occasional long-range exploration foray into Stain.  Overall aim is to make enough ISK on a regular basis to support 2 free accounts (about 600mil / month on present prices), yes folks in-game money can be used to buy game time.

Anyhow, I would be more than happy to set you guys to blue and work on some mutually rewarding harvesting ops - maybe one day make an alliance who knows?

(translation of above into english available on request)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2008, 05:05:51 PM »
I'll set standings when I log.

Make sure your guys join our channel and we can chat then and keep in touch ingame too :)

If you do go the route of Hisec pos, we can really work together then - we could provide the fuel and you can give us slots for research in return etc?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."