Author Topic: W-Space  (Read 8098 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: W-Space
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2009, 11:27:15 AM »
I think flying in in pods to safe mass is also a good idea. Although this mean that you wont have spare ships, as the one in the orca are used by the podpilots.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2009, 11:27:47 AM »
My current EveMon shows me I'll finish Caldari Cruiser V at March 13th. I've been intending to go for HAC at that point, but perhaps I should postone that plan a bit, and go for Logistics instead? I don't mind being the "healer" of the group, it is in fact something I seem to like in other games at least...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 12:23:49 PM by Jarkko »

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2009, 12:19:18 PM »
Tanking skills should be first - so T2 shield booster or T2 reppers for the ship class, then T2 hardeners (passive or active).
In W-Space the npcs will switch targets - so even logistics will need to tank some.

What does evemon say the training time will be for logistics?

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2009, 12:32:10 PM »
What does evemon say the training time will be for logistics?
If I'd abandong everything planned now and change to get Logistics, the earliest time I could have Logistics I is February 13th. After that I'd need Caldari Crusiser V to actually be able to fly a logistic ship, and I'd hit that on March 9th. Add a bit of missed skill changes etc, and I'd be flying a Basilisk on March 10th... That date sounds familiar...

In all, it wouldn't look too difficult to get there. Give me the word, and I'll change plans now :)

EDIT: I think I'll get an Osprey and practise the support skills with a bit. I am starting to get exited about this "healing" stuff, need to read it up :)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 12:37:24 PM by Jarkko »

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2009, 12:59:59 PM »
Checkout the modules also - they sometimes have different requirements.
Don't forget about drones - often with the "healing" drones will have the same requirements as the logistics ships.

Some good support type skills (along the way - nothing urgent):
EW (Sensor damps, ECM, Tracking disruptors, Target Painters, etc.  TP's apparently help missile and gun users)
Logistics (Remote Shield and Armor - the former helps everybody even armor tankers with their sheild buffer)

If you're a drone use - look at the logistics and EQ drones - they can be a pain to train but have some great usability as it means you can free up your slots for more interesting modules.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2009, 02:21:52 PM »
Found a picture of an Osprey. If I calculate right, I too could fit things in the picture. Any comments on this?

Took a look at the different equipment suggested. The following fitting for a Basilisk would require me to get Energy System Operations IV and Energy Management IV, which would take a bit under 3 days (assuming I'd be able to fly a Basilisk, that is :) ).

Highs
2 Large Shield Transporter 1's
4 Medium Shield Tranporter 2's

Mids
5 FB-10 Cap Regenerators.

Lows
2 Cap power relays

Also, I see that most articles I read suggest to get at least Logistics IV, which woul take a bit over six days for me to get. In all, if I did change my skill training *now*, I'd have Logistic IV, Energy System Operations IV, Energy Management IV *and* be able to fly a Basilisk (Caldari Cruiser V is the one that takes over three weeks to learn) on March 19th. Would this be a viable thing to do, and would this be any good for the Corp?

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2009, 12:16:02 AM »
First post in this thread updated with information so far: initial POS deployment, fittings, etc

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2009, 06:21:46 AM »
I think having a few frigates along mainly for scouting and if we run into player opposition we would like removed tackling. I would think that we want to take up as little as possible of a wh allowance when checking the system out before moving in a large group.
However I understand if we can't have a small ship assembly array along as well (space requirements).

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2009, 09:30:42 AM »
Updated with a small ship assembly array and included a pic showing fuel costs/volume for 7 days.
We'll be offlining the assembly arrays & refining array when they're not in use to extend the fuel supply.
I'll test in SISI but you'll probably need anchoring 1 and roles to bring them online again.  It will introduce a delay into the build/mining cycle - but until we have a months fuel onsite ready to be loaded - it's a better option.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2009, 10:34:14 AM »
First post updated again with more details incl. volumes and prices.
Assigned tasks to the respective director of ops for Production & Mining.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2009, 11:15:44 AM »
Hmm, the current cargo requirement is about 110k m3 without stront.
Doesn't leave to much for combat support to be carried.

Can you have the mining ships loaded with other things than ores? Or would that not work in the hangar?? (having no idea how a ship with a corp hangar works)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2009, 11:33:56 AM »
One fully expanded and rigged orca will carry that - and additionally you have the ship hanger on the orca for ships.  So you can bring other ships also - with a priority given to mining ships.  Ships in the ship hanger on the orca must be assembled and can only carry ammo.
The small ship assembly array was added as it's volume is less than a single frig - so making them there would be optimal in terms of cargo for the initial expedition.

Additional ships coming on the initial expedition can carry any sort of cargo - which can include, depending on the volume, packaged ships.  Packaged ships in the cargo can be jetissoned - at which point they self-assemble in space (rather than being inside a jet-can).

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2009, 11:56:27 AM »
We won't be doing the moon mining bit right? (in w-space at least)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2009, 12:05:38 PM »
Not to start with I think.

Scanning the moons takes a fair amount of time (5-10 mins per moon depending on the moon probe & skills [Discovery & Gaze Probes] ) and currently we don't know the avg number of moons in systems.  We should, however, start scanning moons before we actually drop the POS so we can at least setup on moon with a decent moon mineral.

On a related note - we need to come up with a criteria for selecting a W-Space system.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2009, 12:16:14 PM »
True.
I suspect we will have three requirements.
1. Access to T3 materials (ores? and whatever might yield the t3 resources/bp), I suspect this will be the real money maker of W-Space.
2. Access to normal ores to sustain our own presence in the system, that is a system with a good supply of belts.
3. Access to moon materials (dysp etc), the simple reason is I doubt this will remain the moneymaker many are thinking.

If they for some reason decide ice belts are going to be in then that would be very high up but so far that seems to be out of the picture.

Also, we need to be prepared to move from one system to another neighbor if that system is better regardless of our logistics in the original system and setting up in more than one system I think is a surefire way to fail both.