Author Topic: Eve: Lag (solved)  (Read 1056 times)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Eve: Lag (solved)
« on: January 26, 2009, 09:14:53 AM »
The past few days I've been having lag with eve.  With the storms here affecting the power & phone I thought it just was a problem of waiting it out.
The storms passed and I was still having problems.  I ran chkdsk (the power problems caused my machine to randomly shutdown/reboot) and didn't find any issues.
Having recently installed SP1 I thought it might be related but the search engines didn't reveal any problems reported with Eve and SP1.

The lag appeared to focus around problems with using the market, docking/entering space & jumping between regions - using contracts, fitting & using the hanger was fine.
Using the market was weird - I would lag out for 1-2 mins and the market looked like it was doing a double refresh.  Clicking on an item would hang the interface (I couldn't do anything else with the eve interface or even switch to the Windows desktop) - after a minute the information would appear and then it would hang for another minute and the information would refresh again.

I started to think it might be permissions related - related to something that had changed with installing SP1.  I was starting to think about reinstalling Eve when I decide to move the CCP folder in User/<username>/AppData/Local to the desktop - so I could move the settings after a fresh install.  Just to try, I ran Eve again - (without the settings so it would recreate the settings and hence fix any permissions problems) - and my issues disappeared. 

I still have some investigating to do but it appears that it's either permissions or some part of the settings became corrupt.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Eve: Lag (solved)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 10:28:57 AM »
I too have (had?) slight lag issues the last couple of days, so don't rule out server issues, although i havent had lag of several minutes, just several seconds...
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166