Author Topic: SoM is here  (Read 7991 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: SoM is here
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009, 09:06:04 AM »
According to CM forums the servers are up now.

According to the official site, the servers are now up indeed.
http://community.lotro-europe.com/service.php
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 09:08:53 AM by Jarkko »

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009, 09:22:13 AM »
Patching now :D

Also, I now have a shiny SoM themed launcher.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 09:40:38 AM »
im in just about to start the skirmish tutorial.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2009, 09:55:27 AM »
well the first part of skirmishes you have to go out into the game world and collect war orders for some reason i thought this was all handles in a instance oh well watch out gobbo's in dol dinen.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2009, 10:02:57 AM »
well the first part of skirmishes you have to go out into the game world and collect war orders for some reason i thought this was all handles in a instance oh well watch out gobbo's in dol dinen.
The very reason I parked in Tinnudir last night :) There are lots of gobbos and brigands around to get those orders from, as I expect extermination of baddies is the name of the game today :D

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009, 10:22:19 AM »
looking at the quest log its only orc kind the quest stuff drop off i tried bandits and they were not dropping anything.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2009, 10:29:14 AM »
looking at the quest log its only orc kind the quest stuff drop off i tried bandits and they were not dropping anything.
Damn :( Got the impression from the thread in Codie forum that brigands would do too :(  Hopefully the goblins in northern Evendim are not totally eviscerated by the time I get there...

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2009, 12:13:49 PM »
Damn :( Got the impression from the thread in Codie forum that brigands would do too :(  Hopefully the goblins in northern Evendim are not totally eviscerated by the time I get there...

maybe drop rate was not good on brigands for me :(

skirmishes are fun so far even on lvl they are challenging at the end decided on warrior ally to complement my minstrel.

just trained basic skills and now hording marks for a bit higher lvl.

only 2 skirmishes open to me at lvl 35 gondamon and weathertop but i can grind them for a while getting nice xp but i did have half a lvl rested.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2009, 12:19:45 PM »
Home now, the game is updating. Stupid firewall settings (I should have put the fw on DMZ before leaving to work :p) meant the last part of the patch hadn't downloaded, took about 10 seconds to download that, but the actual update process seems to take a good while...

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2009, 02:52:57 PM »
First impression of skirmishes: I like them :)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2009, 03:24:40 PM »
really nice way of getting xp for those lvl's you seem to be stuck for viable quests.

i have so far after about 15 skirmishes.

1006-skirmish marks
13-first marks
18-footman's marks
11-veteran footman's marks

that was after giving my warrior some basic abilities and skills saving the rest for when more skirmishes open up to me.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2009, 03:58:21 PM »
Only briefly played round with skirmishes today. Really enjoy them! Though I got a work call halfway through my first proper one and died as I had to alt tab :(

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2009, 04:49:35 PM »
really nice way of getting xp for those lvl's you seem to be stuck for viable quests.

i have so far after about 15 skirmishes.

1006-skirmish marks
13-first marks
18-footman's marks
11-veteran footman's marks

that was after giving my warrior some basic abilities and skills saving the rest for when more skirmishes open up to me.

the footmans and veteran footmans have no use but to swap for more skirmish marks ;) 

so far skirmishes are awesome siege of gondamon being my favourite so far, non stop action :D
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2009, 05:07:10 PM »
where do you trade them in for more skirmish marks i couldnt find where ?

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2009, 05:39:08 PM »
I really like my bannerguard. He is stupid as a toilet seat, but at least he knows when to cast his heal, and he is pretty good at grabbing initial aggro (which means I get to hit from behind :) ).

I also wonder where the markers are traded in, would like to know that :)