Author Topic: Changes to LI in SoM  (Read 2749 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Changes to LI in SoM
« on: October 06, 2009, 08:31:18 PM »
looks good giving more choices

Dev Diary Linkage
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Changes to LI in SoM
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 10:46:32 AM »
Read over this earlier - does seem like good changes, especially for those at cap with LI's.  Hopefully when SoM is in, I'll find a way that this change can benefit Beo's collection of LI :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 10:53:13 AM »
Hmm... So this is the time to hoard in all the those cheap crappy legendary items from the auction house? If I read this correctly, they won't be that crap soon, and who knows what price one could get on them!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 10:55:24 AM »
Hmm... So this is the time to hoard in all the those cheap crappy legendary items from the auction house? If I read this correctly, they won't be that crap soon, and who knows what price one could get on them!

afraid not LIs "found" before SoM wont use the improved identify tables ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 10:58:28 AM »

Bah, there went another great idea to make great money with minimum effort... :(

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 11:05:49 AM »

Bah, there went another great idea to make great money with minimum effort... :(

easy moneys reserved for SM jewellers i craft glowing aureate rings of tactics whenever i can be bothered grinding the 25 silver branches from lothlorien elves i need for recipe and crit item easy 6g try to do 2 a week :)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 06:29:30 AM »
I completed Vol2 Book1 on Fitzer last night, and I got my first Legacy weapon. And now I am confused  ::)  Reading the dev-blog linked above, and now I am even more confused...

I got various relics and gems and something else (three of each, I think). I succeeded to destroy a couple of them, before I figured out I can have only one of each slotted (I guess I should have taken note of that "WARNING: This will destroy the slotted relic" message...).

Anyway, I am pretty happy with the "skills" (or whatever they are called; are the skills perhaps the legacies? need to figure out) on the weapon, except the increased damage from stealth -thingy (as I run most of the time in Mischief mode, yet I have slotted mostly Quick Knife (which boost things like attacking from stealth and positional damage -> I've slotted the positional boosting traits and the extra bleeding traits) traits; you may now call me weird if you want, but I don't have problems getting behind the mobs even without stealth, what with all the stuns and mezzes I have, and if I have somebody to tank for me (like the bannerguard in skirmishes) I get to unleash hell without any problems). *Anyway*, I presume the legacies (if that is the correct term) found on the weapon were based on my slotted traits (or I was just lucky to get more positional damage, more bleeding damage and higher crit rate).

To slowly get to the point, is this reforge thing I hear about worth it for me at this point? If I understood right, I might try to get rid of one unwanted skill and hope to get lucky and get something better, is this how it works? Or should I not bother that with this weapon, and just level up this and do reforging etc once I have better weapons at use?

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 10:02:49 AM »
In my limited understanding of LI's, you can reforge an LI at 10, 20 and 30. So theres no point not reforging one, as you always get to do it at those levels anyway.

Unless its changed. *wanders off to re-read dev blog*

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 10:47:52 AM »
Ok, I found a pretty good guide to LI's. Things seem much less fuzzy now :)

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=304680

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 11:44:41 AM »
They can be confusing at first, heck im confused again since they changed the legacies.