Author Topic: Trial  (Read 4598 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Trial
« on: July 14, 2009, 07:26:17 AM »
Started a trial account as Gunnarr's account would be a dead end (it stays his ofc, so none of the chars i create on that will stick).
Few questions:
- Can I join a kinship when in trial?
- How? Where?
- I've been investigating how I can upgrade to normal subscription later, but all I can find is buying the game, no timecards. Will I have to buy the game and if so, would just buying the cheapest (SoA) do, or will I have to buy the full game (inc. moria)?

thx

(died at lvl 10, so wont have that cool lvl 14 title on this toon   :'()
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Trial
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 07:31:05 AM »
Yes - after you finish the starter section.

I'll add you to friends later and sling an invite you way - assuming you want a home in HoJ and its on/off activity (i'll rectiify that one day...) ;)

Can get package deals im sure that work out cheaper than buying both bits individually.

Can also get timecards, but I beleive they are rare - i'll look around though :D
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 07:54:51 AM »
assuming you want a home in HoJ
where else?  :D

thanks for having a looksee, think the codemasters account page is a bit vague...
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 08:12:07 AM by Mangala »

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 08:15:30 AM »
cool, thx!

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 08:23:25 AM »
play -> credit card *grumble*

but know i should look outside codemasters now, so thx anyway  ;)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 12:41:34 PM »
Shame you are not UK based - just been to my local GAME and they are doing LOTRO Comp pack and a 60day GTC both under their 2 for £25 offer.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 12:53:24 PM »
I will check local stores tomorrow, but their internet sites looked grim. Will see...

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 06:31:25 PM »
Play .com £12 for full with Moria :)

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/5984572/The-Lord-Of-The-Rings-Online-Compilation-Pack-Volumes-I-II-Shadows-Of-Angmar-+-Mines-Of-Moria/Product.html

they do free delivery (takes up to 10 days) to

Export countries we deliver to
Our FREE export delivery usually takes 7-10 days to the following countries

* Andorra
    * Austria
    * Belgium
    * Cyprus
    * Denmark
    * Finland
    * France
    * Germany
    * Gibraltar
    * Greece
    * Greenland
    * Iceland
    * Ireland
    * Italy
    * Liechtenstein
    * Luxembourg
    * Malta
    * Monaco
    * Netherlands
    * Norway
    * Portugal
    * San Marino
    * Spain
    * Sweden
    * Switzerland
    * Vatican
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 06:48:29 PM »
Or Gameplay they charge only 10 quid:
http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?productcode=RM03578&title=the_lord_of_the_rings_online:_mines_of_moria_compilation_pack
They do charge for shipping though:
European delivery
We ship to Europe at just £2.95 per order.

Still, since they charge in pounds, and thanks to our esteemed British politician friends making a mess of things, you'll come out slightly ahead compared to Play. At the moment exchange rates are almost a perfect 1:1:D
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 06:55:01 PM by Gunnarr »
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 07:51:36 PM »
now my maths says that youd not be ahead ;)

PLay is 11.99 free shipping so £11.99

gameplay is 9.99 + 2.95 shipping  meaning £12.94 so 95 of those pennies worse off ;)

Maths lesson over :P hehe
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 08:44:16 PM »
Yes, but Play's math says that 12 quid equals 15.5 euro ;) (hit the EU flag to see how they try to rip us continentals off!)

So, well, we're both right, I guess. :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 08:46:47 PM by Gunnarr »
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2009, 06:58:46 PM »
seems i cant send tells to ppl, unless they have me set as friend
I see Caradir online, could you plz invite me to kinship when you read this?
Broirin is the name  ;)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2009, 06:59:29 PM »
seems i cant send tells to ppl, unless they have me set as friend
I see Caradir online, could you plz invite me to kinship when you read this?
Broirin is the name  ;)

A few of garry;s chars arent in HoJ, so I'll jump on ever so quickly.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2009, 07:14:37 PM »
settled, thx Jon :)