Author Topic: Another barrows run anytime soon?  (Read 10838 times)

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
Re: Another barrows run anytime soon?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 02:06:01 PM »
Ill be there on sunday probably on my captain (40). Yes hes well above the required level but he has a  few old quests i'd like to finish off in there.
Failing that if ur short of a healer ill bring my runekeeper along (39)
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2009, 09:22:20 AM »
Meh. I just disconnected while on my warden and got locked out.
I'm writing a ticket as we speak but hope they'll fix me in time. :(
At what time did you guys want to start anyway?
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2009, 02:07:57 PM »
Any estimate on the time? I am going off-line in a moment, but will be back online for the run :)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2009, 06:54:37 PM »
Thanks all for the quick run :)  Special thanks to Mac who stayed around long enough even though his favourite show began on TV :)

I finally succeeded to block (to open the deed for the heavy shield trait) after it had been pointed to me I can not block while having Fervour on :D  Well, I think getting the shield trait won't be priority -> have to block 1,000 times and at most 100 per day are counted for it. Maybe when I get Glory stance available, fighting in no stance dries up the power pool *real* fast  :o

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2009, 08:21:14 PM »
Really good fun, not done group stuff much on ma burg before - was a eyeopener as to the class's potential.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2009, 08:22:43 PM »
burgs are THE best solo class and i do not joke on that they can solo EMs of same level.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2009, 11:46:17 AM »
I'm getting seriously miffed off about LotRO atm. It's a nice game IF it works, but lately it's been kicking me out with a certain predictability again.
The last two times this happened a full reinstall helped - but that usually takes a few hours, and then it's fixed for a few days to weeks at most before it starts again.
I'm puzzled to what causes it. Mac theorized that it could be some part of my hardware causing disconnects, but if that's the case a reinstall shouldn't have any effect whatsoever - instead of a temporary effect.
Tbh I'm contemplating to just stop playing again, even though I just bought another month to do that barrows run with you guys - which I didn't make >_<
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2009, 12:03:55 PM »
is there a cache of some kind that can cause you problems? for me this is the case with EVE now and then
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2009, 12:05:14 PM »
Tbh I'm contemplating to just stop playing again, even though I just bought another month to do that barrows run with you guys - which I didn't make >_<
I'll join you for a Great Barrows run, just tell when you intend to go. Heck, I can level up a minstrel to be as a healer there if you give me a few days (even a PUG should be no problem when there is a tank and healer looking for four random DPSers :) ).

Incidently, you do not happen have some new nVidia gfx card that support stereo vision? It is confirmed that the new nVidia cards together with new nVidia drivers cause massive problems (huge drop in FPS, game crashing randomly etc) in WoW, and I think the same could be happening in LOTRO too (altough I am far from being tech-savvy, so don't take my word for it). Apparently the cure for that is to go to your Programs and Features list and manually uninstall the "nVidia Stereoscopic 3D Driver".

Anyway, try dropping gfx settings and sound settings a bit, and don't forget to defrag the LOTRO game folder. Also, try to install LOTRO in some other HD partition from the Windows installation. I have my HD partitioned in two, C:\ has everything not related to games (including Windows) and D:\ has everything related to games, and I defrag  D:\ at least 2-3 times a week.

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2009, 12:11:43 PM »
I'm getting seriously miffed off about LotRO atm. It's a nice game IF it works, but lately it's been kicking me out with a certain predictability again.
The last two times this happened a full reinstall helped - but that usually takes a few hours, and then it's fixed for a few days to weeks at most before it starts again.
I'm puzzled to what causes it. Mac theorized that it could be some part of my hardware causing disconnects, but if that's the case a reinstall shouldn't have any effect whatsoever - instead of a temporary effect.

Several things ..

Firstly give us the list of what components you have in your system.

CPU , Motherboard, GPU, what version of windows, how much ram .

2nd,

are there particular times or location or things you are doing when it happens?

The reason im asking is that ive seen (and had myself) issues that occur for no apparent reason. For example I had a machine with a Geforce 9600 GTX gpu in it. This machine played most things very well but WoW just didnt like it for some reason. I swapped it for a 9800GTX using the same software and same drivers and WoW worked fine. Sometimes a game just doesnt like a particular part of a system. Ive still no idea to this day why it didnt like the 9600  :-[

Oh and one last thing. what security software do you run. AV and Firewalls are well known game gimpers
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 12:15:53 PM by Macrune »
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2009, 12:50:53 PM »
i only ever have issues with LOTRO if i turn on DX10 check that box is unticked, they fix it and it works until next patch then is screwed again so i just gave up on the DX10 support they offer ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2009, 07:36:40 AM »
My Guardian is lvl 14. How far to go till I can do runs with you guys? (are you still doing them?)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2009, 08:05:53 AM »
My Guardian is lvl 14. How far to go till I can do runs with you guys? (are you still doing them?)

You are approaching Great Barrows ranges :) (18ish and up).

Theres several group quests around Breeland that some of my alts need and you'll be at soon too.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2009, 08:22:26 AM »
Hmm, ok, I am away this whole weekend and Gunnarr's account only runs for about 10 more days, so might hop over to 14 day trial soon, and will start over. Think I like it enough to pour some money into the game.

Will delay the levels a bit though...
Not the best move in retrospect, as i will be doing Dwarf guardian twice in short succession, but considering I only get my wages in about 10 days, it was the only solution for me (plus finding out if i liked the game enough ofc).

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2009, 08:23:37 AM »
Get a new char to 12ish and my Elven Lm can join you ;) (just checked all my alts levels).