Author Topic: the server up or down thread  (Read 2619 times)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
the server up or down thread
« on: April 30, 2009, 12:52:55 PM »
after maintenance on 30th aprill 09 the servers came back online at 1:10 pm or thats when i got in.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: the server up or down thread
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 01:10:26 PM »
and i waited till 1400 even though they said 1500 imagine getting them up early its unheard of :S nubs :D
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 02:02:27 PM »
Codemasters has a bad habit of getting servers up before they are supposed to be. For example at launch the servers were supposed to go up for early access people on a Monday when the rest were supposed to get in next Thursday. In reality the servers went up already the previous Friday evening for those with early access, and Wednesday evening for "normal" access.

I was one of the happy ones who happened to browse their forums on that Friday evening, when suddenly a thread "Servers are up!!!!!!!!!" appeared. Nearly choking on my beer (this is again a proof why it is better to drink beer at home instead of a pub) I launched the game, and indeed, servers were up. Next day there were IIRC many angry posts on the forum from people who had been out on the town instead of sitting home and hitting F5 while browsing the forums :D

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 11:51:40 AM »
12:50 something of may server is up after the maintenance.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 11:11:18 AM »
1210 server is up they really need to stop being 1 hour early
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 12:36:26 PM »
its thursday again and the servers are now.

back up :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 10:02:33 AM »
Maintainance on a bloody Tuesday i tells ya!

What are they thinking!
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 10:31:09 AM »
aye they are replacing the hamsters in the servers for subscriptions on all their MMOs so all off :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 09:40:14 AM »
threadicus necromanticus ;)

Maintenance moved to Wednesday 16th December for Hotfixes
This week's maintenance will be moved to Wednesday 16th December, replacing the usual Thursday maintenance. The servers will come down at 08.00 and will be back online at approximately 15.00 UK time (GMT). Thank you for your patience during this time

for hotfix and SoM patch 1 hopefully sort that pesky memory leak

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 01:33:55 PM »
up early