Author Topic: Who went with the AP option?  (Read 2455 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Who went with the AP option?
« on: November 14, 2009, 12:42:15 PM »
I know I did and my new chars - with which i want to find enjoyment for a time in Lotro before I go on vacation - will be a Dwarf Guardian and a Hunter (which races can be these again?).

I know I have a guardian in the form of Beosvir already, but to be honest, I dont enjoy the game much with him at the moment.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Re: Who went with the AP option?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 12:49:26 PM »
first of all AP?

I believe any race can be hunters

and look what they are doing (Jon will hate this)

To help in the fight against Sauron and to get ready for the Siege of Mirkwood, we are pleased to announce that from today everyone will be able to enjoy a 10% XP boost from all monster kills until Siege of Mirkwood launches on December 3rd.

may take the pain out of getting my guardian to 55 (so he can use those 3-in-1 tools)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 12:50:35 PM »
I know I have a guardian in the form of Beosvir already, but to be honest, I dont enjoy the game much with him at the moment.

Guardians are no fun solo they need to be in a group, and not enough of us play, which is why my toons arent in HoJ, blame yourselves :P
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 12:54:57 PM »
Adventures Pack option thingy - that came with the "better" edition of SoM.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 12:56:23 PM »
Adventures Pack option thingy - that came with the "better" edition of SoM.

i did as i wanted the shared storage and the 2 extra slots (as i havent got a LM and burglar yet)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 12:59:41 PM »

Guardians are no fun solo they need to be in a group, and not enough of us play, which is why my toons arent in HoJ, blame yourselves :P

I'd be up for group stuff, but at the same time how good are the instances as thats what I'd prefer to do - are they as good and as time consuming as Fornost, GA etc used to be, or are they not worth it now - assuming there is repeatable instances I can do in my mid 50's that arent those 3man jobbies (the very idea of a 3man instance puts me off as they seemd really short when we did those in Eregion). Hell, i'd be up for trying to get people into the guild again - and corp and war guild etc etc, but :time: as new blood in any game is always good to have, although i suppose I have to get over my issues on recruiting mouthbreathers ;)

As for increased exp - FFS TURBINE THE FUCKING GAME IS ABOUT THE JOURNEY WHEN THE END IS MANY BOOKS AWAY! Just stop pushing people to a cap in a game that really isnt about cap when you get into its lore.  Happy now Garry? ;)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 01:08:34 PM by Mangala »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 01:11:14 PM »
As for increased exp - FFS TURBINE THE FUCKING GAME IS ABOUT THE JOURNEY WHEN THE END IS MANY BOOKS AWAY! Just stop pushing people to a cap in a game that really isnt about cap when you get into its lore.  Happy now Garry? ;)

in US its +25% Codey lowered it to 10% :D

Moria instances are all fun (although only done as part of Radiance grind, which is fine with the ones you can do quests at same time), i assume youve never done URU or CD they are awesome

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 01:18:14 PM »
Done both - with you :)

And yes they were awesome - from what i have seen Turbine have negated them in SoM though by giving people other ways to get class items. Which means people wont experience the game/plot fully unless they are a lore whore and do all the books, but with moria being able to get into without a specific pre-book from Shadows, I cant see that changing :(

Anyways, cannot depress myself about this - will put me off the game again and I so very much dont want that to happen.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 01:36:29 PM »
started a LM myself recently so for someone who can lvl fast like i did my RK i just hope this xp boost doesnt mean all my quests will be grey before i do them.

the xp thing does seem they want ppl to hurry along to cap i suppose its to get more ppl to buy the xpack.

i bought the all singing/dancing version of mirkwood even if i decided before i was not going to give in to buying a glorified free content update /sigh. im so easily lead.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 01:43:50 PM by Keggi »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 01:47:17 PM »
i bought the all singing/dancing version of mirkwood even if i decided before i was not going to give in to buying a glorified free content update /sigh. im so easily lead.

the skirmish system itself is worth the cost, it just sounds ace, and available at LVL 30+ tunable by group size and with 3 difficulty options, random each time, usable siege weapons in some, and bosses that may decide to appear. Can you say Helms Deep here we come ;)

and we are talking about 12 skirmishes at launch with more to be added, more content there than in some expansions ive seen in other games, 3 new 3 man instances, 1 new 6 man instance and the new 12 man raid. Hardly what id expect in a "free" update.

They didnt do a very good PR job of this expansion, it was stealthily jumped out to us, but it seems theyve been working on this rather than fixing the MoM issues. But the level of content is in no way what youd get in a content update people are saying that as they "wanted" Rohan as the next paid for expansion.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 02:43:30 PM by Caradir »

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 03:04:56 PM »
I'll be there, with the AP. Will re-activate the account next week sometime prolly, or at the start of the next latest. Slightly buys with everything atm, and I don't want LOTRO to distract me from the RL things now :)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 04:20:17 PM »
I've also ordered the AP.

I'm really into Lotro again atm, as its the first time in ages I've looked forward to logging into a game just for the enjoyment of playing.

CO is on hold for me until I see some more content in the next few months.

Even though my Hobbit Hunter is 30, I rerolled a Man Hunter last night for RP reasons. And watching the Gondorian Rangers in Two Towers last night didn't help!

His name is Iladen, and is currently lvl 8. Kurtt is now 52 and muching his way through Moria. I LOVE how LI's work :D

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 04:44:42 PM »
I have several lowish lvl chars lying about gathering dust, might activate the 2 month GTC i have lying in my bookcase somewhere when grouping with more ppl is a possibility
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 07:58:39 AM »
Account reactivated, pre-ordered AP.

Damn I do suck in staying firm and not succumb to games...