Author Topic: Weathertop  (Read 1748 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Weathertop
« on: April 27, 2009, 06:29:08 AM »
There was some talk yesterday after the Great Barrows run (once again, thanks all for the nice run!) of a Weathertop run later this week. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday would be nice for me, the other days this week not really (as I am out of town for the weekend, and I have the damn early shifts on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings).

Also, need to look up what pre-quests there were to be done for Weathertop. It's been two years since I last was up on that hill, and I don't remember all the quests needed :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Weathertop
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 10:05:04 AM »
wednesdays no good for me Thu and Fri are fine,  the prequests come from the little camp at the NW corner of Weathertop you get sent there as the prologue of book 3 which you can run before book 2 is complete.

30.1S 37.9W since coords now show under minimap :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 11:20:30 AM by Caradir »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 11:47:15 AM »
Candaith is the quest-giver, and he is NE of Forsaken Inn and slightly NW of Weathertop. At the picture below he is standing at about the northern flag on the western side of Weathertop (co-ordianates S30.1, W37.9).

The chain to the instance quest "Retake Weathertop" can be begun at level 15, but I guess it may *slightly* hard to complete solo below 20 (there are, or at least were back in them olden days, several mobs above level 20 that needs to be killed during the chain, and if I remember right Warmaster Uzorr is/was an elite with several bodyguards). The quest chain:
Rise of the Orcs
An Orc Messenger
Orc-thieves
Warmaster Uzorr
Light in the Darkness
Lost in Interpretation
Lore-Master In Brown
Retake Weathertop
Instance: Retake Weathertop

I'll try to get the quest chain done on Wednesday evening. I *think* I should be able to solo the chain (especially if Uzorr is nerfed these days like most hard mobs seem to be :D), but if somebody else is around then, please do join the fray :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 03:30:06 PM »
I grabbed the start of this chain last night on Ped.  Friday is probably best for me this week :)

Rest of my capable alts shall grab it too and I'll hop around characters.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 03:48:18 PM »
im at retake weathertop stage anyday is good for me.

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 05:01:41 PM »
havent even started it yet but i intend hopefully to get my RK to at least 21 and get the prequests done by thursday close of play.
I'd also be interested in another barrows run sometime in the near future. thoroughly enjoyed it and it gives me good practice for my healing for group work.
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 05:24:12 PM »
Pedesvir, my Champion is at the Retake stage.

Just a few others to get to that stage so I have more open options :)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 09:57:51 PM »
Btw, I got the pre-quests done, so I am ready :)   Before the Weathertop instance I want to kill 20 more wargs to gain the trait "Man of the 4th age", but I should be able to do that tomorrow morning :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 03:53:06 PM »
Great fun lastnight - even if Weathertop is a little short. I have other characters that will need it, so look forward to it again at some stage.