Author Topic: Going to be a bit busy the comming two months  (Read 8862 times)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Going to be a bit busy the comming two months
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 03:14:55 PM »
Dads camera was as usual out of battery but anyways will get new batteries tomorrow :)

And btw, eve on a 32" looks brilliant just wish i could get the sound to work :( no sound from computer to screen...

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 03:15:48 PM »
EVE has sound?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 03:42:28 PM »
EVE has sound?

Nah not really but I intend to use the computer to play dvds or such a well ;) and I don't like my paper speakers i got from academic work...

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2010, 04:24:10 PM »
Yeah if you are using it as a pc monitor, then pc speakers are the only way to get sound to work unless you fork out on lots of expensive audio equipment.  There are some good 5.1 and even 7.1 pc speaker systems out there though that really do a job.

Only way to get sound from the tv for watching dvds would be to use a seperate dvd player, but lol when you have a pc hooked up to it.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2010, 05:33:26 PM »
Yeah if you are using it as a pc monitor, then pc speakers are the only way to get sound to work unless you fork out on lots of expensive audio equipment.  There are some good 5.1 and even 7.1 pc speaker systems out there though that really do a job.

Only way to get sound from the tv for watching dvds would be to use a seperate dvd player, but lol when you have a pc hooked up to it.

Weird part is it has an audio in for use with pc... (vga or hdmi...) a 3.5mm jack. Just can't get it to work. Just hope it doesn't have to do with "labels" on the inputs as that from what i've read means bad quality and distortion if you use the "pc" label (doesn't do 1:1 scan but something else...) meh wonder what the tech support will say. Hopefully they can give me an answer or I'll fork for some cheapish 5:1 speakers i suppose.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2010, 06:05:49 PM »
may sound silly but are you booting up comp with it attached to TV so it know to use tv speakers? this happens when my friend links his lappy for dvd he has to restart.

how are you connecting to tv? usb? hdmi? or AV?
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2010, 07:47:50 PM »
may sound silly but are you booting up comp with it attached to TV so it know to use tv speakers? this happens when my friend links his lappy for dvd he has to restart.

how are you connecting to tv? usb? hdmi? or AV?

Hmm...
Could be I suppose... but since I get audio out on the same port to crappy speakers it seems weird...
Ah well will fiddle with it some day,