Author Topic: photoshop thread  (Read 8996 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
photoshop thread
« on: August 14, 2009, 08:45:48 AM »
Collegue introduced me to a nice plugin.
Made this as a first test. Will try to create some more cool stuff when I got time (and at home)

« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 01:34:05 PM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: rifter + plugin
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 08:51:05 AM »
Looks like its wrapped in melting seran wrap :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 09:19:23 AM »
had another go with the same pic:

'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 09:20:28 AM »
and a go on a jaguar, not satisfied with the eyes though...

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 11:05:14 AM »
and another one with my own screenies.
like this one pretty much, mebbe even better than the new sig i just made. might change my sig again to this one

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 12:40:08 PM »
Is that a photoshop plugin, or?
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 12:52:45 PM »
aye, fractalius

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 07:48:20 PM »
and another one with my own screenies.
like this one pretty much, mebbe even better than the new sig i just made. might change my sig again to this one

That is epically nice :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 11:56:13 AM »
aye, but havent found a satisfactory way to make it into a sig yet  :-\

tried putting saf's portrait in it with low opacity: lame
tried putting my name in it: sucks

:(

ideas?

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 12:19:45 PM »
I may have an idea, what was the full name of your pilot again?
(showing is probably faster than explaining)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 12:31:54 PM »
safran foer

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 12:50:42 PM »
I was thinking something like this:
(I quickly threw this together to give you an idea, details, fonts, text etc. can be changed ofc)

Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2009, 01:04:46 PM »
hmm, didnt think of that, quite nice, esp the subscript  :D
will play around with that, although im a bit hesitant to put stuff over the middle part of the picture (which is my main prob really, i feel i must keep stuff to the sides, away from the eyecatcher), but that is an other prob. i like the overlay you did, so will try that

thanks!

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2009, 01:14:17 PM »
Np! I've used this for some time now, I find it works well with images that have a lot happening in them.

Easiest way to make them (I think), is to create a new layer, put the type in it, give it some color, put in the type, then select the colored layer with your magic wand, make sure to catch the inside of the letters (e's and a's), select inverse, and hit delete. :) Then play with the opacity of the overlay until you like what you got.
If you want the type to intrude as little as possible, you can put it below the contours of the ship - but I find the overlay stands out nicer if you actually "overlay" (:P) it, which is why I'm letting it run just over the rifter in this case.
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2009, 01:22:10 PM »
Ah, didnt even think of that. Just used white background and black letters. The sides of the image are dark anyway, so you dont really see it anyway.
Chose to put spaces between the two words... But not so sure about that now...
Might redo it after I write this annoying essay and enjoyed my holliday.