Author Topic: Should we buy a freighter BPO?  (Read 935 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Should we buy a freighter BPO?
« on: November 02, 2009, 04:18:54 PM »
re: your MotD:
either Charon (biggest) or Obelisk (seems most popular) would seem the logical way to go
however, I have no idea of differences in mineral requirements, BPO prices and ship turnover, i.e. profitability and/or competition (last one meaning possible 0.01 isk annoyances when trying to sell)

also, I don't look forward to a redo of Fountain POS refueling. Aerie gave me an idea of the amount of minerals that are involved in the building of a freighter and I for one am not really (understatement) attracted to hauling millions of m3s of minerals from god knows where to god knows where. so what will be important, imho, is that some people are willing and responsible to pull this beast of a project. plus either some sort of wages need to be considered for ppl doing this project, or it might be an idea to have those ppl doing it semi-independent from corp, i.e. buying BPCs from KASEI for cheapish and keeping all hassle AND profit to themselves.

just my point of view
(havent seen any corpmails on it yet (saw it on Anga, didnt log Saf), so I might repeat someone else, but w.e.)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 06:05:33 PM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Should we buy a freighter BPO?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 05:17:47 PM »
If doing it we would build in Anttiri which means a few jumps back and forth with a freighter for minerals. One Charon would take about 1.2m m3 in volume of minerals. (similar for the rest) so about 2 hauls in a freighter.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Should we buy a freighter BPO?
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 06:37:40 PM »
Been giving this some thought, dont think we should - ties people into something they may not want to do all the time in game, wouldnt be fair tbh.

I think with Dominion coming on the scene, and possible alliance entry with NERF and co, it would be best to hold off on such thoughts for a time?

Maybe stick tobuying  copies and build one every now and then?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
Re: Should we buy a freighter BPO?
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 08:32:21 PM »
or it might be an idea to have those ppl doing it semi-independent from corp, i.e. buying BPCs from KASEI for cheapish and keeping all hassle AND profit to themselves.

this might still be an idea, but then ppl will need to want to do this (excuse crappy grammar)
-> MAADI buys BPO, stores at KASEI, KASEI makes copies, KASEI sells copies to the industrious industrialist(s) at nice price, when we dont want BPO anymore MAADI resells it.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166