Author Topic: Free to play  (Read 31451 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Free to play
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2010, 10:31:31 AM »
On Paradox forums somebody mentioned there had yesterday been a queue of over 400 people on the server he is playing on. So there sure has been lots and lots of people joining the game during the weekend.

My son took advantage of his LOTRO account with the "welcome back" offer. Remains to be seen how long he will stay interested in LOTRO this time, at least he hasn't played WoW since last spring or something.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2010, 11:05:47 AM »
not really F2P info butttt.......

Today we celebrate the birthdays of two most esteemed hobbits. Don't forget to go and see Frodo as he has a special quest that is only available today.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2010, 11:15:39 AM »
not really F2P info butttt.......

Today we celebrate the birthdays of two most esteemed hobbits. Don't forget to go and see Frodo as he has a special quest that is only available today.

OOO Will log on later :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2010, 03:30:41 PM »
DONDE ESTA EL FRODO?!
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2010, 03:50:57 PM »
DONDE ESTA EL FRODO?!

In his bedroom in Last Homely House, its on the botttom floor near bank iirc
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2010, 03:57:44 PM »
My dwarf minstrel has been warped to Breeland by the magic beer barrel in the guild house. That's about as close as I ever got to any hobbits. I have no idea what a Homely Hoopladoo is. :P
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2010, 04:00:31 PM »
My dwarf minstrel has been warped to Breeland by the magic beer barrel in the guild house. That's about as close as I ever got to any hobbits. I have no idea what a Homely Hoopladoo is. :P

He means Rivendell.

Im sure he has a character able to port you there if the quest is for all, and not just the usual dev cop out for high levels only ;)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2010, 05:26:03 PM »

He means Rivendell.

Im sure he has a character able to port you there if the quest is for all, and not just the usual dev cop out for high levels only ;)

Sorry for assuming everyone knows that the Last Homely House is Elronds place in Rivendell :P

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2010, 07:00:12 PM »
See... what's wrong with 'Elrond's place'. Tolkien should have stuck with that!  ;D
Hell I've never even read through all the books. -.-

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2010, 11:04:33 AM »
See... what's wrong with 'Elrond's place'. Tolkien should have stuck with that!  ;D
Hell I've never even read through all the books. -.-

Burn him!

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2010, 12:51:24 PM »
It's not my fault Tolkien needs two pages to describe how the grass is dancing in the wind!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2010, 01:30:38 PM »
It's not my fault Tolkien needs two pages to describe how the grass is dancing in the wind!

no he doesnt hed write a 16 stanza song about it and make Tom Bombadil sing it.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2010, 05:08:52 PM »
That's exactly why I never read all the way through it either...
Was glad they made the movies
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline elv

• Friends
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2010, 08:42:27 PM »
yes the books are pretty poor adaptions of the movies i mean wtf no liv tyler :D

laters elv

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2010, 09:09:30 AM »
plus if you have the dvds, you can just pause it for 5 minutes every 30 seconds of the film and you will have the same effect as the books really   ;)

or am I being optimistic here?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166