Author Topic: Cyno alt  (Read 1065 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Cyno alt
« on: March 02, 2009, 12:40:51 PM »
Where is the guide "Cyno alt for dummies"?  I see cyno alts mentioned here and there, and I have no clue what use they are, what skills they need, and how many are needed... Anybody care to shed a bit of light on this, please?

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Cyno alt
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 01:36:48 PM »
A cyno alt is a char that's setup just for making Cyno fields that allow capital ships to move between systems as Capitals generally can't use gates (the orca is an exception).

Setting up a cyno requires:
a) A ship with enough cargo space for the fuel
b) The cyno module
c) Liquid Ozone for fuel

Skills needed:
Electronics V
Cynosural Field Thoery Lvl 1

Higher levels in Cyno allows less fuel needed to make the cyno and you have to be ganged with the capital pilot(s) to make the cyno and allow them to jump to you.

To make a cyno - be in the ship with the fuel and module fitted and online.  Be in the gang with the capital ship pilot and be in space. 
When you lite/light/init the cyno - you can't be going at more than 500 m/s and when it's lite you'll be anchored in space for 10 mins.  At this point the capital(s) can jump to you and you'll see some pretty graphics explode around you.  More than 1 capital can jump to the same cyno beacon at the same time.  Capitals have a "range" which is the amount of ly it can jump between systems which is dependant on the ship and the skills they have trained.  Carriers generally have a longer range than Dreads. 

Certain ships provide a bonus - such as the Recon class of ships (which require more skills trained to fly) but reduce both the time (that you're stuck) and the amount of fuel you need.

There are 2 types of cyno alts:
1) In-Corp - used for safe jumps as they'll run the risk of being attacked by hostiles.  These are used at the POS/Station or friendly space.  The cyno ship can be attacked while it's stuck with an active cyno.
2) Out of corp - used generally in empire and in npc or alt-corps.  They are safer as they won't be seen as hostile generally.  I have a cyno corp setup for such an occasion - a corp just to make it easier with ships/fuel/funds/etc
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 01:55:23 PM by Rubino »

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 02:29:34 PM »
Of my toons Swuleia is closest to becoming able to use Cynos then. With +3 implants to Int and Mem it would take her a bit over 6 days. The sad news is of course that the training needed would be off of Swuliinas training time, thus would push the Hulk 6 days further in the future. OTOH, Cynofield can't be learned on trial accounts. Hmm...

I think I'll wait until M10 (when I'll buy a third account  :o ), and make the first toon a cyno alt then. Possibly even going towards Recon ships :)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 02:32:53 PM »
Don't push out the hulk training time - it'll be handy in Fountain :)
If you have electronics V - then it's a quick skill to get.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865