Author Topic: AAR 22nd January  (Read 1116 times)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
AAR 22nd January
« on: January 23, 2010, 07:58:04 AM »
Will be a short writeup.
About half an hour before the roam was to start the server crashed. So we didn't get going until a bit late. After a while we got the last straggler (Erwin who had trouble with Vent), we had started down the MH pipe towards L4X and took a bio in Skarkon.
We jumped into ER and roamed around, it was nigh on deserted. Few places with people and usually LOTS of bubbles. Didn't see anyone basically.
Even jumped own into the BRT - V-I and taunted the russians a bit before going back home the shortest route through a bit of ER. Only thing we shot was a dragbubble on the way home.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: AAR 22nd January
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 09:56:56 AM »
There is some loot too, which I nicked from that cargo-container. Some sentry drones, a couple large smart bombs and a 100MWD. They'll be in corp hangars in a moment.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 05:25:06 PM »
Unlucky about lack of targets on the roam chaps.  Side effect of the crash I suppose :(
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 06:48:20 PM »
Unlucky about lack of targets on the roam chaps.  Side effect of the crash I suppose :(

Probably, but roams are hard sometimes. People safe up fast.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 07:08:56 PM »
Probe them down maybe - get scouts using combat probes? And only have scouts stay in the system dont jump everyone in until the safe is busted - ie scout has a warp in. 

Obviously only works best if a POS isnt the safe :)  Scout mooches about in system - 100km warps on gates, scans for ships near gates and celestials, probes stuff down and so on.

Once has a positive hit they get a warp in. #group jumps in.  Bubble all gates asap, some warp to cloaker on target and hopefully stuff of theirs dies.

Ideally, we need a common pool of safes across GW and beyiond to use foir scanning - 100k km off gates is a good start, so they jump in and hit a scansafe and go from there.

/justmy2pence
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 07:44:03 PM »
As you say only works if they don't have poses which basically everyone has (especially if they have sov in system)