Author Topic: Long term goals of the alliance  (Read 1377 times)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Long term goals of the alliance
« on: June 15, 2009, 10:36:10 AM »
Well
Was curious about the long term goals of the alliance, so made a thread about it.
http://www.eventhorizon.se/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=47

Apparantly, if you are not in alliance lead (which consists of who?) you are not worthy of knowing the long term goals.
Short term I can accept without a problem, intel and such, but long term should be something you can get the alliance members on board with so needs to be discussed in the open.
OR maybe i'm just too polluted with democracy.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Long term goals of the alliance
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 10:39:28 AM »
I agree - and as for the leadership, it really does seem to be made of shadowy folks who we dont know (I know Derida is and MD and thats about it...).

If membership doesnt know goals, what is there for us to work towards on a common basis?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 10:48:12 AM »
I agree - and as for the leadership, it really does seem to be made of shadowy folks who we dont know (I know Derida is and MD and thats about it...).

If membership doesnt know goals, what is there for us to work towards on a common basis?

My point exactly.

5 people can't represent the entire alliance, at the very least the long term goals should be made by all the ceo's. Secrets and such fine, part of the game. But long term planning can for example include "building a titan" or "getting real sov of our own".
Niether is something that needs to be kept secret imo at least.

The plans they mentions "getting everyone into hacs" isn't even a plan or goal. Thats character progression.
A alliance goal which involves ships would be more similar to "being able to field a 30+ RR BS fleet" or "Being able to field and support 10 dreads for POS fights".

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 02:28:34 PM »
Seems the "long" term goals for the alliance which they can share with us is:

Installing a refining service in pnq.

I'll get back with the data on such a service.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 02:31:52 PM »
From what I can see the basic refinery gives a 10% refine, the best one you can get gives in total 30%.
30% means it is impossible to get a perfect refine.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 02:55:15 PM »
From what I can see the basic refinery gives a 10% refine, the best one you can get gives in total 30%.

Yup - outposts arent that great for refining, NPC stations ftw (But even then some of those are 30 and not the 50 we are used to).

This is were a character with everything to V for refining/processing comes in handy.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 03:07:53 PM »

Yup - outposts arent that great for refining, NPC stations ftw (But even then some of those are 30 and not the 50 we are used to).

This is were a character with everything to V for refining/processing comes in handy.

A upgraded minmatar outpost gets 40%  iirc, which with ore refining to 4 makes perfect (or damn close at least).
Even with everything at V on a 30% outpost you would still only get 91.88% then add taxes to that ,which is probably the main reason they want it, lets guess 5% you would end up with a 87.29% efficiency. Then add the ozone for the JB network to haul stuff from cha2 or yrn since you will haul ore in a capital of some sort and it just becomes pointless. Why haul it to pnq to refine compared to g95 if you are mining in cha2, or why not jump it to a 50% station (like mn5) and get a 95% yield without standings.
I just can't see any economic sense to making a investment into a refinery service.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 03:48:48 PM »
And at 10% the yield for a all V char would be without tax 71.875% with a 5% tax it would be 68.28%.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 04:01:18 PM »
I'm a bit surprised, they have bought a station upgrade without doing proper maths on the subject. Oh well.