Author Topic: Fellowship moves  (Read 2199 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Fellowship moves
« on: November 27, 2009, 08:38:25 AM »
The other day in Lone lands I noticed we didn't take advantage of fellowhip moves very well. A couple times I was the only one choosing a FM move (and these did happen during the wipe-fest of the final chapter in Book2). I mean, if the chips are down, it certainly is *not* the time to ignore FM's, if you ask me :)  I am pretty certain this was caused by perhaps people not quite aware of how good FM's are, and thus just a lack of information. When things are going pearshaped, click that damn bullseye to select the FM, and if things are going to hell, click green (if we had for example all clicked green before the wipes, we'd have had massive healing, making the task for the minstrel much easier) :)

Anyway, for the future we should agree on what FM's to use in what situation. We didn't communicate about FM's at all, as mostly that was not needed (we were steamrolling through most of the content). For example, the fellowship leader might be adviced to set a GGBB as the default move for four-men fellowships (and maybe GGGBB for five men fellowships), and it should also be agreed on who clicks the FM in which order :)

There is an excellent guide to FM's at http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=396876
Please all check it out, it is well written and has good examples. I think it might give some food for thought :)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: Fellowship moves
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 09:58:50 AM »
most of the time fellowship moves popped i had only 2 of the options the eagle and the horse open to me.
i think this was because i was too far away when i tried to get closer so i could hit ent strenght i think its called this is the one to use as default unless someone calls something else the timer had run out.

the wipes a couple were my fault i didnt watch my own health and im sorry these lead to a big repair bill.

the first wipe during the gaunt men chapter even with 2 healers we have wiped there before its a tricky part.

second one at the stage where the spirits race ahead of us was i belive because we didnt move forward enough and we pulled a group behind us but the other wipes were indeed my nub fault i know your not blaming anyone but i thought an explanation was in order. :)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 12:10:25 PM »
No, I am not blaming anybody for sure. I've wiped with full groups in those quests before, even with two healers  :-[

However, we really should've tried to use the green or blue (that is eagle or horse) at the times we got FM openings. A "free" big Heal over Time plus power regen (ie Green Green Blue Blue combo) on everybody would be such a boon, and Green Green Green Green would (when things go pearshaped and the tank is struggling to get aggro back and the healer desperately tries to heal all (which further makes it more difficult for the tank to regain aggro :) ) ) would be a lifesaver for all. After all I don't think we had any problems with too *low* DPS (which is more than partly the blame; at least I went all bananas with my buttons as I couldn't remember exactly what each does, so I just hammered them as fast as I could, with little thought to what skills add extra aggro etc), and thus the red or yellow combos were overkill :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 02:10:05 PM »
generally speaking when it comes to conjunctions (i still refuse to call them fellowship maneuvers) the easiest ones by far are

all red except minstrel who goes blue at end ofc only if the groups on top of healing and the extra damage will help.

but in a group thats unused to cjs the best bet is 1/2 green 1/2 blue each and every time.

even at 60 most groups (especially pugs) got red with a blue (yellows and a blue on bosses) as they are easy and with practice the only reason to miss your q is if you are stunned/disarmed or holding a secondary target.

with anything its about practice, the more you group the more you get used to them popping up and the easier it becomes, if your using a burglar, having him shout cj incoming a few seconds before starting it is also good.

and yes the only classes that get red/yellow at range are Runekeepers and Hunters so everyone else needs to be in melee range, no reason for them not to be, LMs stay behind target always DO NOT discount the damage you do on auto attacks especially when you gain the legendary Sword and staff ability, heck even on my Minstrel i tend to be in melee range attacking unless i know the mob has a nasty AOE that i dont want to be hit by.

in close its all practice, practice, practice ;)  when im on more if you guys like ill take you through some instances and try and share some of my experience. get to about 40 then ill sort out a Fornost run with you guys, its the first Challenging instance really (not discounting the Red Maid and Ivar fights in GA)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 02:52:42 PM »
i was in melee range on my minstrel for a while but found i was pulling aggro even using my anti aggro abilities this could have been due to lvl differences between fellowship members.

so had to pull back to range which at the end of ch8 seemed to work better.

it was a learning curve for me first time grouped as a main healer and there was only 4 of us.

but i think better planning on the cj's would have helped at range i think i was hitting blue most of the time.

edit.......

ok looking at caradir's comments on the guardian thread it could have been me rotating between my 2 single target heals and the group heal that was causing me problems with aggro.

will watch this in future and ofc watch my own health :-[
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 02:57:50 PM by Keggi »

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 04:00:36 PM »
me being rather inexperienced in tanking did not help, will also get better with practice I guess
and me at times feeling overwhelmed with things going on (my head turns chaos easily  :D) didnt help either i guess, lol

but then again, if this all means we need more experience, this will also mean we will have to run more of these funfunfun fellow runs, which is a great thing in my book  :)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 04:04:30 PM »
and re: the bumped Guardian thread: ranged/healing classes being close to the fray will make things easier on the melee fellows, when mob breaks loose and heads for the ranged guys, less distance to run, although too close may cause me not to notice the mob attacks other guys but me (chaos in my head tends me to disregard everything but the buttons to some extend)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 04:52:25 PM »
ok looking at caradir's comments on the guardian thread it could have been me rotating between my 2 single target heals and the group heal that was causing me problems with aggro.

will watch this in future and ofc watch my own health :-[

the group heal is a nice ability but it is also an agro magnet, and not power efficient as ive said, i use bolster courage almost exclusively, raise the spirit is faster but less power efficient so its there if i need a smaller faster heal to catch up but i generally try not to use it.

my rotation is usually 2-3 musters to 1 inspire fellows (ofc this is dependant on instance and aoe damage) im usually in melee range as i use noble cause with my heralds strike for 3 cheap small group heals as well. Also remember that upping your tier i,e, singing ballads also improves ALL heals by 3-4% per tier so 12-15% at tier 3 (numbers may be off due to my Legendary item ;)  ) may not sound much but at 60 i do 1200 normal muster so 15% of that is an extra 180 on heal.

SoM will change this somewhat with Will going to be increasing tactical abilities strength (which it doesnt at the mo) making high will builds better healers. Just as well i stack Will and Fate as is ;)

it is all about practice as ive said elsewhere, as a group rather than an individual, im not one for "blaming" wipes on any 1 person in fact i hates that, play as a group, die as a group, learn as a group :) you learn nowt from succeeding you need to wipe to learn what NOT to do next time hehe.

also worth note is the legendary Skill Fellowships heart a ~500 per 3 sec heal on a 30 min cd, a must for any minstrel over 50. (try and get it at 41 if poss)

and before i forget instrument can make a huge difference to agro, drums, bagpipes etc are great in war speech but not great for healing, youll want a Theorba or Clarinet for heals as they have an agro reducing ability. i carry 2 instruments a drum for warspeech (i,e, solo or damage work) and a Clarinet for healing work. It does make a difference ,trust me ;)

and finally lute strings, consumables easy to make by any lowbie cook, can give up to 12% agro reduction on heals for 5 mins, those level 12ish boars near Bree drop the intestines to make them.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 07:08:58 PM »
thx for the info mate im already stacking will and fate guessed those 2 were best.

im using a harp at the moment will have to look into the instrument side of things and do use strings when i can get hold of them.