Author Topic: What are we all currently playing?  (Read 51682 times)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: What are we all currently playing?
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2009, 12:02:40 AM »
Well into LotRO at the moment. Enjoying my 52 Captain and my Hunter in various guises.

Waiting on Cryptic to add more content for Champions Online, both endgame and levelling. The former for my lvl 40, and the latter for my legion of alts. Really want to level them, but I'll be seeing the exact same content each time, and I ain't cool with that currently.

Having said that, rolled an Ice hero, Frostshock, the other day, and thats been fun. Ice Slide takes some getting used to!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2010, 12:40:47 PM »
Most of my current gaming appear sto be

Borderlands

if you havnt played it give it a go its a typical story lite FPS/ RPG lite shooter, but it is awesome fun especially in multiplayer.

nothing better than exploding a Skagg head ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2010, 12:44:11 PM »

nothing better than exploding a Skagg head ;)

Friday night out in Glasgow? ;)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2010, 12:12:27 AM »
What am I up to since my return - gaming wise that is?

EVE - obviously, games my main squeeze now ;)
WoW - I wander about on various characters do some quests, enjoy the world and the way it is now, look forward to the world itself changing, get bored & log off because I wont instance queue, raaaaaaaaaaaaaaage at upcoming gameplay changes!!
L4D, L4D2 - need to play these more;
Lotro - Need to play more, maybe my alts need some love, Im not really into moria with beo just not enjoying it - and grinding his weapons sucks;
Disc based games - dvd drive on main rig is playing up so I cant play CIV4 alot :( or HOI III :( :(  yes I could get a new one, but :effort:
MechWarrior4 - Need to sit down and sort a control schema for my Windows Live Gamepad.
WAR - Id be using the 2 free weeks if I could get fucking americans to sort my password issues out!

You guys?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2010, 12:39:10 AM »
Oh and some AVP classic which I got off steam very cheap last week.

I am knowing terror again. Wandering around as a marine in the dark - the choice between Nv or having the motion sensor up is especially hard - and jumping at every shadow...

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2010, 02:17:22 PM »
Up until a few days ago i could have said just gearing up alts in WoW as i finished leveling all classes to 80 and doing some ICC raids whenever i can...
But the RealID thing made me log into Lotro and now i spent all weekend leveling my guardian so got from 30 to 36 and still climbing. :)
Also got a few games i need to find time for on the ps3. Gotta finish up the main story on FF13 and havent even started on Red dead redemption, God of war 1-3, Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, Assasins creed 2 and Prince of persia the forgotten sands(A few weeks of broken internet could help there).
Barely taking the time to log into EvE to start skills now so been thinking about stopping subs on the 2 research accounts at least, but i might have subbed them for 6 months not long ago anyways.  :D

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2010, 02:30:26 PM »
Been having a knock about in Champions Online, as I'm a lifer there. Been having a bit of fun, as they seem to have done a melee pass, and added some more content (unfortunatley, one whole zone of new content is waaaay to spiritistic for me :( )

DL'd the WAR client and rolled a new Squig Herder for laughs. At least it seems to run ok on my rig now. WP is still boring (yawn).

Looking forward to my free week of LoTRO if I'm honest. Get back levelling my Hunter and maybe, just maybe, grind Kurtt through to Mirkwood.

For the Xbox, I finally got round to buying Mass Effect *shame*, so chugging through that on and off.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2010, 04:55:22 PM »
LOTRO and Dominions 3 for me. In LOTRO I started a new captain (who joined TLA, as HoJ always seemed empty) to play together with a couple friends who started LOTRO. In Dominions 3 I've been running a series of newbie MP games for people on Paradox forums, have seemed to be rather popular :)

Offline elv

• Friends
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2010, 09:34:36 PM »
fifa 10 on xbox with the odd game of cod,but not really gaming a lot at the mo.

laters elv

Offline Kathras

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2010, 11:24:07 PM »
WoW - occasionally when my girl is in the mood for it.  Shes not pleased with the upcoming changes so that may die off.
Eve - just skill runs for the time being
World of Tanks - closed private beta;  its in the 'novelty' stage at the moment but I dont see much substance behind it

Lots of work shit taking up my time so my gaming is limited.
"Uncompromising men are easy to admire." - fictional character

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2010, 08:59:43 AM »
Transformers: War for Cybertron. Spent the first chapter jumping into action alongside Megatron as Decepticon soldier Brawl, occasionally transforming into a tank, blasting and bashing unlucky Autobots with a neutron assault rifle and a giant glowing mace, and thinking that air superiority is a bitch when its the other side that has it. Spent the second chapter strafing the hell out of Autobots as Starscream, flanked by Thundercracker and Skywarp, and thinking that I'm not very adept at this air superiority thing.
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2010, 12:27:55 PM »
I downloaded the demo for that on my 360. Only have access to multiplayer. How does the single player campaign play out? Any good?

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2010, 02:56:29 PM »
Enjoying it so far. It's set very early in the war and the Decepticon campaign is first. For the first chapter, Megatron leads an assault on an orbital science facility commanded by some fellow named Starscream by crashing a starship into it. He's chasing something called Dark Energon (the story isn't taking itself too seriously). Once Starscream sees Megatron can control it he switches sides (Jetfire is not impressed) and you head back down to Cybertron to reactivate an energon bridge. The third chapter is a full scale assault on the Autobot city-state Iacon. I haven't started that yet, but it strikes me as an ideal time for the really big Transformers to start appearing, as promised in the spectacular intro movie.

I had the choice of actually playing Megatron in the first chapter, but I wasn't sure what the game would expect of me if I took command of the squad. Nothing much really, it turns out, which is why I played as Starscream in the second chapter. The characters tend to argue amongst themselves while you're running around. Not so noticeable in the first chapter - I mean who gives Megatron attitude? - but Starscream and his Sweepers insult each other quite a bit. I have also found myself starting to switch back and forth between robot and vehicle modes a lot more as I get comfortable with the control system. This is the first non-MMO I've played in something like six or seven years, and even then I mostly played WoW, so I've had some muscle memory to overcome.

Also, being able to transform into a jet is really handy for when you accidentally jump off into space, or over a really, really long drop. A tank, not so much.

I think the Autobot leader at the moment is Zeta Prime, who we are likely to kill off at the end of the Decepticon campaign I suspect, setting the stage for the Autobot campaign and the ascension of an Autobot officer named Optimus Prime...

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2010, 03:41:16 PM »
Enjoying it so far. It's set very early in the war and the Decepticon campaign is first. For the first chapter, Megatron leads an assault on an orbital science facility commanded by some fellow named Starscream by crashing a starship into it. He's chasing something called Dark Energon (the story isn't taking itself too seriously). Once Starscream sees Megatron can control it he switches sides (Jetfire is not impressed) and you head back down to Cybertron to reactivate an energon bridge. The third chapter is a full scale assault on the Autobot city-state Iacon. I haven't started that yet, but it strikes me as an ideal time for the really big Transformers to start appearing, as promised in the spectacular intro movie.

I had the choice of actually playing Megatron in the first chapter, but I wasn't sure what the game would expect of me if I took command of the squad. Nothing much really, it turns out, which is why I played as Starscream in the second chapter. The characters tend to argue amongst themselves while you're running around. Not so noticeable in the first chapter - I mean who gives Megatron attitude? - but Starscream and his Sweepers insult each other quite a bit. I have also found myself starting to switch back and forth between robot and vehicle modes a lot more as I get comfortable with the control system. This is the first non-MMO I've played in something like six or seven years, and even then I mostly played WoW, so I've had some muscle memory to overcome.

Also, being able to transform into a jet is really handy for when you accidentally jump off into space, or over a really, really long drop. A tank, not so much.

I think the Autobot leader at the moment is Zeta Prime, who we are likely to kill off at the end of the Decepticon campaign I suspect, setting the stage for the Autobot campaign and the ascension of an Autobot officer named Optimus Prime...

Mmm, sounds spanky. You playing this on the PC?

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2010, 04:01:58 PM »
Yep, the only console I own is a PS2 and it's in Australia. And I completely suck with those thumb joysticks.