Author Topic: Stuff you need to know about PS2  (Read 4393 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Stuff you need to know about PS2
« on: November 29, 2012, 11:49:27 AM »
  • Vehicles have very cheap ammo and zoom upgrades (1 cert each) that are deffo worth it.
  • Don't forget to equip upgrades to your vehicles before spawning one.
  • Vehicles have weaker side armour and even weaker rear armour. Top armour is also weaker than front.
  • (unverified) Station shields stop bullets, but don't stop explosions. So when firing HE shells at a shield, you will still hurt troops right behind it.
  • When jumping (or being forced to) from a galaxy, don't move until you hit the ground. This will make you land safely.
  • Ammo towers reload ground vehicles, landing pads reload air vehicles.
  • (incomplete) stat overview of weapons
  • Engineers can either have a medipack OR an ammo pack equiped
  • Galaxy tips&tricks
  • With IR scopes it's easy to detect mines
  • (unverified)MANA turrets can also be used as an ammo pack by pressing "B" by default when the turret is in your hands. This allows you to carry C4 or mines in the slot instead of the Ammunition Package.

If you have more, add below and I will update this post.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 09:54:19 PM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you need to know about PS2
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 12:27:51 PM »
Can we put in requests as well?

- how much certs do you collect offline/online. Is it 1 an hour with extra rewarded for X actions ingame? Like kills or captures?
- do you online collect the three resource types when online or offline as well?

Noticed Jon linking this at Farstar: TEST/REDDIT starters guide.
In that document, a list of keyboard shortcuts/bindings.
Nice snappy introduction video
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 05:27:21 PM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 06:24:40 PM »
Question:
If you haven't played the beta (me!) and as i'm from the cold snowy northern corner of europe I can't register in NA, how can I play with my friends? (you!)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 07:34:38 PM »
the servers arent locked just europe folks have to have accounts through pro7 - planetside.eu iirc instead of through soe - unless they had soe accounts already.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 06:28:35 PM »
the servers arent locked just europe folks have to have accounts through pro7 - planetside.eu iirc instead of through soe - unless they had soe accounts already.

Ok, paranoia about diverging service (lex mythic/WAR). I'll try to join up this weekend if you'll have me :P