Author Topic: what is this scourge?  (Read 3240 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
what is this scourge?
« on: May 19, 2010, 09:42:08 AM »
Gearscore? wtf is that all about. it just reeks of a way for the "gief loot" boys to judge ability in a somewhat false way?

or am i getting it wrong?  explain pls.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: what is this scourge?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 10:00:39 AM »
Gearscore? wtf is that all about. it just reeks of a way for the "gief loot" boys to judge ability in a somewhat false way?

or am i getting it wrong?  explain pls.

yeah its epeen on acid it is meant as a tool to see if you have any chance of being viable in different instances but it gets totally abused.

e.g when ICC10(ice crown citadel) instance was introduced ppl were asking for 4.8k gearscore now they want 5.5k GS to go there in pugs.

just get in a guild where it doesnt matter so much you need great gear to go certain places but you will see alot more than pugging everything.

at 80 aim for a gearscore above 5k the gear from heroic badges and drops will get you there i get to see ice crown citadel and my gearscore is just above 5k.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 10:05:38 AM by Keggi »

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 12:00:05 PM »
Gearscore does my fruit in.

As Keggi said, its nothing but an epeen metre. However, it is possible to get it over 5k by doing heroics and getting some of the higher level crafted gear.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 12:54:03 PM »
Its the scrubs way of acting like old-school elitist raiders.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 02:28:06 PM »
Gearscore is useless. It just say what level of gear you got, nothing about what stats you went for, gemming or enchants and nothing about skills.
2 days ago i actually was in a group in HoR heroic where a warlock actually rolled against a healing druid for a mp5 with on use haste rating trinket "because he needed it to improve his gearscore"....

I lost count of how many 5.5k+ gearscore idiots that do shit dps, cant heal(tank isnt geared for this excuses) or cant hold aggro when tanking that grouped up with trough random finder.
I disabled the addon as its just sad to see how poor people can do compared to their gs. I only enable it at times to find out where my own gear is at, but usually i just check out be.imba.hu as it tells you where you could go with current gear.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 09:38:50 PM »
E.P.E.E.N

ill assume this was WoWs April fool
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 06:59:08 PM »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 07:11:37 PM »
so funny and so true i have come across everything in that video in pugs.

the vote to kick button is your best friend in pugs.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 09:15:36 AM »
Even with my very limited MMO history, I recognize every single one of em.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166