Author Topic: Manticore PvP (no use in a PvE Manticore)  (Read 4402 times)

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Manticore PvP (no use in a PvE Manticore)
« on: February 18, 2009, 10:13:19 AM »
apparently i cant view the setup here at work (couse flash is not installed)

but this is my setup battleclinic link
fitted everything t2.
atm i have swapped a disruptor in favour of a salvager. Tried to fit 2 disruptors but i guess i need a bit more advanced weapons upgrade.

anyway
high slots:
3 x T2 Cruise Missile Launchers
1 x Salvager
1x Cloak (not sure what kind of cloak, but thought a T2)

med slots:
2x T2 Sensor Booster (wtih scripts)
1x T2 Remote Sensor Dampener (can fit 2 when i remove my salvager, also with scripts (for range)

low slots:
1x T2 Overdrive Injector System
1x T2 Ballistic control

Ammo:
Caldari Navy Wrath Cruise Missile (only take 200-300, you want your cargo to be empty to take look or salvage, took the kinetic version becouse of the extra dammage the missile does with cov op skill bonus on the manticore)
Wrath Cruise Missile (also 200-300 to shoot at rats in case i get bored or something, the faction are pvp only)

Tips for flying SB (both general and specific)
- Try to stay cloak at all times (you'll fly faster if skilled enough)
- Never ever warp in on 0, not on friends not on foes. Only exceptions are when you are about to dock or jump
- When comming out of a gate, move your ship and cloak (just put the speed on anything and press your cloak button) Align to your destination, when you have speed, decloak and warp
- When gooing to engage a target get everything on and flashing (when decloaked that should be all, in a good a,bush you will be decloaked around 200km from your opponent get everthing on, warp in, shoot missiles, wait for missiles to hit, warp out and cloak. (pretty much the standard hit and run tactic)
- If you know where you are gooing to fight make save spots in the systems and bookmarks on the belts or other objects you want to patrol. Make sure your enemies dont know at what vector you will be warping in on an object and on what distance.
- If you visit a sys regularly make bookmarks there. so you dont have to warp in using the standard warp to. Organise your bookmarks so you can read out what they mean when you see them (for example II 3 + 200km for planet 2 belt 3 + 200km above horizon)
- Never go toe to toe with anything. Your flying tin foil with cruise missile launchers
- When an enemy get a lock on a friend (flying a SB, or anything else that will probably not tank the thing that is firering at it) that friend's ship is gone. A rescue attempt will probably result in 2 dead SB's instead of 1

if anyone is interested in flying a SB or learning more about it, contact me. But with these basic rules you should be able to enjoy flying your SB a bit longer

LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Manticore PvP (no use in a PvE Manticore)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 10:19:00 AM »
Something I've always found useful - always have your cloak in the slot where you can F1 to activate/deactive the module.

For ammo I tend to go with mostly EM & 1 other flavour (depending on what you're up against).
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 10:21:09 AM by Rubino »

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 10:26:45 AM »
Can be usefull too, but just pure dammage i'd like to go for faction kinetic cruises in my manticore

And that F1 key would be a good idea (personnally i use F3 and am quite used to it. but would reccomend putting it under F1 if you are new to flying SB's)
former roommate.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 10:28:28 AM »
Im currently learning to be a cloak-fag in various ships and use F1, but F3 is a pretty handy key too for most of my setips where I have a cloak fitted.

Whats the level of skills you currently operate your SB at Bethor? ie cruise skillto x, sb skill to x etc?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 10:39:17 AM »
will post it as soon as the api is working again.

but atleast advanced cruise missile II and cloaking IV

but i have enough skills to fit all the t2 stuff :D (so to get a basic idea, you could download the skillplan from battleclinic and load it in eve mon)
former roommate.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 10:55:42 AM »
Out if interest when does sig radius of the target kick in?
At the point of launch or the point of impact?

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 11:21:56 AM »
not sure, but guessing impact.

I just know you mustn't cloak right after launch couse than your missiles wont hit. :)

former roommate.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 01:46:17 PM »

I just know you mustn't cloak right after launch couse than your missiles wont hit. :)

see thats just silly if its fired surely you cloaking doesnt change the fact its fired, lazy programmers need to sort that out ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 01:59:16 PM »
I usually prefer to be around 60km away when I uncloak and rarely above 90km so I can still damp if needed.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 02:08:40 PM »
i am ususally cloaked at 150-200 from where i expect my target (in a situation where i am the agressor)

when target appears i warp in at 20km with everything hot. so when i get a lock i fire. after impact target is eiger down or still floating but i am cloaked in another spot in the same belt at 150-200km range of the target.  (so i will have 2 Bookmarks in a straight line with between them the roidbelt or whatever that i am camping so i can warp to spot. shoot missiles warp to spot b without slowing down or anything. they cant lock me becouse most of the time i am in warp.

than again after last update i havent made any solo kills anymore. so dont know if it is possible. but if you got a small wolfpack you can take down most cruisers i guess

former roommate.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 02:10:11 PM »

see thats just silly if its fired surely you cloaking doesnt change the fact its fired, lazy programmers need to sort that out ;)

Think it has something to do with the missiles i'm using beeing minmatar made missiles. :D  ;)
former roommate.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 02:16:09 PM »
so i will have 2 Bookmarks in a straight line with between them the roidbelt or whatever that i am camping so i can warp to spot
Nice tip! Haven't thought about that :)  I wish I had known this before the war went hot. I have bookmarks at Anttiri stations and gates, and a few more in surrounding systems too; wouldn't have hurt to plan the escape route at the same time even when not using stealth-bombers :)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 02:18:48 PM »
You can still make them if you have a covops ship - just undock warp to undock insta, cloak in flight and then go around making your BM's cloaked.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 02:22:19 PM »
Insta cloak from a station isn't possible AFAIK, the station itself is still at 0 range when you are well out. so it really depends on how fast they target you if you can make it or not.
former roommate.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 02:23:02 PM »
anyway when this war is over. it might be fun to get together with a few SB guys and do some piracy in lowsec :)
former roommate.