Author Topic: Docked during war  (Read 3156 times)

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Docked during war
« on: February 18, 2009, 09:44:18 AM »
I noticed a lot of people were docked in the stationat M14.

i have oen question.. WHY? you know its war, you know they know what sys we're at so it was to be expected they would camp the station.

I do have a few tips (perhaps for the fututre but hope you can manage it this war)

1. get a stash in another station. A non corp station. Just put some essentials there (so a JC, a few ships and ammo)
Make sure this station is close to our home station and HQ but preferably not in the same system

2. Dont all haul up in the same other station. Spread out. You dont want them to be able to shut us completely down by camping 1 station.

3. if you want to log but all gates are camped. warp from 1 save spot to antoher save spot and log out in warp. When you log in again you will start in warp and will end up in the save spot you were warping too.

Also it was to be expected they would ask a ransom. 150mil isnt much, and if we cant undock i reccomend we pay. If we can undock i say fight. We are winning this war.
High sec wars are pretty simple just kill more of them than they kill of you in isk. We were dooing that. The 1st day of the war was GOOD. That is how we should fight.

I hope people can relocate soon so we can kick their asses again.

And as final not, NO SMACK IN LOCAL IS HARD.
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Dehn

• MAADI
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Re: Docked during war
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 09:57:11 AM »
I have all my assets in another system nearby...   (Except for a punisher at antirri 14)..

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 10:04:53 AM »
I have all my assets in another system nearby...   (Except for a punisher at antirri 14)..

Same :)

I havent been based at a corp station properly for months - even when the corp was me and my alts!

Paying a ransom. What about when word gets out we do pay? Then we face the possibility of them coming back every now and then, or passing word to other corps who dec small corps. Its the potential start of a vicious cycle. Yes we''ll improve at fighting and such, but it will become an inconvience.

As for no smack in local - yes its hard to not do it, but smack is partially what they want too, they want to know they are getting to us. Its a mental thing, and frankly the mouth-breathers who undertake in it provide alot of entertainment for those who actually have some self-control to demonstrate as I believe we have done.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Pashur

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 10:10:28 AM »
Shortly before the war I moved every ship to 14 :(
We then had the plan that Beo would move our ships to this other close to low sec station.
So yes, we need to spread out a bit. It was just a bit unlucky now. At least for me.
I also don't like paying them. We will get on their "list" and they will be back.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 10:18:43 AM »
Personaly (and becouse i am very very lazy considering assets in eve) i reccomend having several stashes. If you ever get personal trouble or issues with someone you dont want them to track down your station where you have your stash.

It Would be a good idea to have a JC at your most important stashes. (my stashes are usualy at stations where i run missions from, so i can usualy refit a ship pretty cheap becouse i usually have all the fitting i need (though not the exact fitting i would probably want) in my stash)

Also if you can get out of the station where your stuff is now, with a jump clone. An idea might be to set up a contract to have your stuff moved (be sure to not make it your most important stuff and get a good deposit on it, the enemy might opt to take the contract and than not fullfil it) But usualy there are people with indies who for a few 100k isk will move your stuff a few jumps.
former roommate.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 10:22:00 AM »
We will get on their "list" and they will be back.

150m will actually still give them a loss. so not too bad.

Also we payed a few times when we were in LESY and never got another dec from the same corp.

Also we now know how war works so we shouldnt be caught with our pants down like this time
former roommate.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 10:24:40 AM »
With the rising price of T2 - the longer the war the more they will loose :)

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 10:34:32 AM »
We also loose cash by not beeing able to mine/mission/explore.

Perhaps someone should calculate how long it would take for te corp to make 150 mil (by missioning etc)

Personnaly i'd say end it if we cannot undock else fight for a couple of more days and hope they get enough of their ships beeing blown up.
In effect the 1st day was a win for us, the 2nd (imo) was a win for them
former roommate.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 10:37:51 AM »
Undocking to a hostile force is something we need to get used to.
Our overall aim is to move to 0.0 - so having some RL exp will only make us better.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 10:52:57 AM »
well like i said. you dont have to be docked if you think things can be hostile :D I'm not docked
former roommate.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 01:31:38 PM »
Just because we are winning is no reason to give up :)  If we pay, the word gets around. I would hate us to be viewed as a milking goat for the wardeccers.

They are not making profit either with the war. They thought they'd extort money from us yesterday after they had blown us to pieces.

In fact, despite Bethors opposite opinion, I  view yesterday as another great victory for us. They were camping (properly this time) us, and they got practically nothing to show for it. We on the other hand got some very good experience at speed un-docking and keeping silence on coms. They blathered on in Local and did show their mental capabilities are not very high (and that they believe us to be similar retards).

Yet again, I fail to see the sanity in giving up when we are so clearly winning this. We need the good reputation we can get from this, and we certainly do not deserve the bad reputation we would get from folding at this point. If the good reputation does cost the corp 300 million ISK in lost mining, then so mote it be, if you ask me that is :) 

Let's get all the experience we can from this, it is after all going to last just five more days (unless the enemy is even more retarded than what they have appeared to be so far).

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 02:13:26 PM »
On a slightly diffrent subject. the bumping of their ships. It might give the same impression as talking smack on the local. Or am i missing something? Else, if we continue, you might want to lay that off too (and a scouting ship they dont know off might be more usefull than one they do know off)
former roommate.

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 04:17:56 PM »
1. I have a stash at another station. unfortunately I have been working 16 hrs shifts all week so other than last night when i was able to log for several hrs (though nothing happened) ive not been online other than for skill changes. Hence my character is stuck at 14.

2. pay the ransom. I would rather choke than pay those w***ers a single isk. Yes im losing 150-300 mill a week not being able to mine. who cares i'd rather that than pay them.

3. silence on coms is good. Its shows them we cant be baited like that. Im not so sure about this alt bumping thing. I recon it would be to our advantqage to not do that either. Doing it gives the impression that we actually care they are there and are reacting in some way.

4. As has been said by others. This is an great opportunity to practice PvP in fleet mode locally. They are all 3yr old + characters from what i can see in decently equiped ships and every one of them we take down is a damn sight more expensive for them than it is for us. After all look at the ships we waste just roaming around lowsec of an evening.

my 2 cents worth  ;D
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 04:47:52 PM »
On a slightly diffrent subject. the bumping of their ships. It might give the same impression as talking smack on the local. Or am i missing something? Else, if we continue, you might want to lay that off too (and a scouting ship they dont know off might be more usefull than one they do know off)

i agree ;) that was yesterdays tactic today we do something else ;)

keep em guessing.

we jumped a maelstrom at 14 unfortunately help arrived when we got him to structure jammed safs tackling amd they warped away, then it seems they got sha'ks ship after he had logged and podded him :S

not sure the whole story to that one Sha'k will have to fill us in.

hit and fade, dont smack them (we do need to do something about red mars they are smacking in there too)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 04:57:21 PM »
15minutes rule for Sh'ak iirc - he'll have had to totally lost aggro before he logged, if he logged with a timer of any sort then that would have done it.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."