Author Topic: Ammunition crafting  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Ammunition crafting
« on: December 12, 2008, 05:54:45 AM »
As I am rather slow at figuring out what to do and when not to mention I don't remember who of the "lickers" said he could make the ammo  :-[ ), could somebody please answer me the following questions:

1) Errr... Who was it that promised to make the ammo  ???

2) Where should I drag the stuff I want to be converted to ammo?

3) What stuff should I drag there and in what quantities?

I am using about 3000-6000 small hybrid Lead-shots a week at the current pace, and as far as I can see that is how it will be to around February at least. So I presume I will run out of materials and the crafter will run out of time before my needs are fulfilled ;D

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
Re: Ammunition crafting
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 08:42:03 AM »
I think it was Constantine that could make the ammo.
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 10:03:17 AM »
Its always possible to make your own and its a good way to learn the basics of manufacturing (at least I think it is without any extra skills needed).

1) Open market and search for a small hybrid lead BPO
2) Buy 1
3) Fry (re-process) some loot to get the basic minerals you need
4) right click on the BPO and select manufacturing.
5) Select an available assembly line, if there isn't one available in that station you may need to search for one.
6) Installing the job is pretty self-explanatory - only thing to note is that with ammo each run of the BPO produces 100 not one. Check the BPO for more details - I'll leave you to do the math for how many runs you will need.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 10:26:34 AM »
Oh, I do know how to make stuff. I have a BPO for the Shuttle and have made one just to see how things are crafted. But Constantine (if the rumour above is true :p ) has, as far as I understand, something special why it is better he makes the bullets rather than me with the crappy skills I have :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 11:59:52 AM »
its made and in the corp ammo bin ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 12:16:29 PM »
Oh, I do know how to make stuff. I have a BPO for the Shuttle and have made one just to see how things are crafted. But Constantine (if the rumour above is true :p ) has, as far as I understand, something special why it is better he makes the bullets rather than me with the crappy skills I have :)

i has production efficiency which reduces wasteage from production, for ammo thats all that matters really, but even with "crappy" skills ammo doesnt use much material on small runs to be noticeable. It smore for the larger stuff that you then need the skill sim working on.

However do feel free to post when the corp hanger gets short of ammo you use and ill do my best to restock asap.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 12:47:42 AM »
I've put a batch of ammo into cook.
Can we make a list of what ammo people are after to help ensure production can keep track of stocks?

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 09:02:43 AM »
Hybrid:

Antimatter - all sizes
Lead - All sizes
Plutonium - All sizes

Missiles:

Lights - All types;
Heavies - All types;
HAMs - Dont bother (:D)

Projectile:

No idea - Saf/Hrod will have better ideas

Crystals:

I'll be grabbing a set of bpo/bpc's for these today since Mangs slowly skilling further into Amarrian ships.

Drones:

I'll look into bpc's (max run) for a variety too.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 09:43:03 AM »
Cool - I'll aim to have around 200k per item on hand for ammo.
For drones I'll aim for around 50 for the combat drones and 25 for the other drone types.

Can you checkout the prices of the BPOs for the crystals?  It'll be worth getting them in the mid-term.

I picked up a BB bpc earlier also as it looks like a few people like flying them.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 09:44:52 AM by Rubino »

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 11:06:41 AM »
I tend to use the following projectile ammo:

- EMP
- Titanium Sabbot
- Phased Plasma

maybe Hrod uses other ammo too, if so, I'm sure he'll add it in a post

all sizes would be nice, what I mailed to the ingame mailing list are only the M and L sizes that are running low atm, havent looked at small really.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2009, 04:01:31 PM »
Since the main opponents in missions where we are based are guristas I tend to use mostly titanium, the others are mostly susceptible to EM.
So the two kinds i use most is titanium and emp (medium) and all kinds but very little for tackling.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 08:50:59 PM »
THIEF!! THIEF!!

where the heck did all the caldari ammo BPO's go??
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009, 08:54:04 PM »
Check MAADI deliveries when in station. Red had some in the MAADI ready container in KASEI. So I contracted them up on Simud, accepted on Thera. Not yet moved out of Deliveries.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."