Author Topic: [DEVBLOG] we came, we saw…we were slaughtered.  (Read 1855 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
[DEVBLOG] we came, we saw…we were slaughtered.
« on: November 24, 2011, 05:10:51 PM »
we came, we saw…we were slaughtered.
reported by CCP Diagoras

As most of you are no doubt aware, many CCP employees were slaughtered in the Tama system yesterday in an unprecedented Live Event announced that same day. 71 members of the CCP in-game alliance took part and were (except for a handful of cowards who warped their capsules out!) eventually sent back to our home system of Polaris in need of new clones.

Our goal was to mobilize a sizeable fleet of devs that would be tough enough to not be wiped out in minutes, but eventually we hoped to attract enough attention to be overpowered and killed. We wanted to give people a fight to remember and we hope we did just that.

In total, CCP destroyed 430 capsuleer vessels belonging to 316 different characters. Included in this are three characters who were accidentally pod killed by the CCP horde, all of which have been reimbursed their losses (fun fact: One of them was Darius III of the CSM). To quote the infamous TomB, the pod he destroyed was because of “Lag!”. Sure, Tom…we all believe you ;).

In total, 2,009 ship/capsule losses were recorded in the Tama system yesterday, a rather considerable jump from the daily average of just 56 per day from the November 1st to November 22nd period.

CCP lost the following ship types in the engagement:

Capsule: 59

Apocalypse Navy Issue: 27

Vindicator: 10

Guardian: 9

Bhaalgorn: 8

Machariel: 6

Damnation: 3

Raven Navy Issue: 3

Nightmare: 2

Dominix Navy Issue: 2

Gallente Shuttle: 1

Broadsword: 1

Caldari Shuttle: 1

The totals for ship losses in the system seem to suggest that CCP employees have a strange tendency for firing upon rookie frigates when they see them, though many larger ships were also destroyed:

-----------Kills total/Killed by CCP

Rookie ship: 468       /       98

Frigate:     330        /       73

Battlecruiser:163       /     63

Battleship: 166        /      56

Cruiser: 93            /       32

Stealth Bomber: 112   /    25

Interceptor: 64      /      14

Destroyer: 51       /        13

Assault Ship: 44     /      13

Covert Ops: 47     /        6

Force Recon Ship: 16  /   6

Heavy Assault Ship:12  /  6

Logistics: 15        /        5

Strategic Cruiser: 6   /    5

Capsule: 363       /        3

Shuttle: 27         /        3

Industrial: 8        /         2

Interdictor:6       /        2

Combat Recon Ship:3 /   2

Command Ship:5     /     1

Transport Ship:3     /     1

EAF:5                 /       0

Heavy Interdictor:2   /   0

Total:2009      /          429

Lots of assorted parties joined the fray once word got out. The majority of ships destroyed were destroyed by characters who were not a member of any alliance, with CCP (thankfully!) coming in at the top spot for the alliances.

Not in an alliance: 727

C C P Alliance: 429

Pandemic Legion: 419

Important Internet Spaceship League: 85

Goonswarm Federation: 50

Only For Fun: 40

Test Alliance Please Ignore: 34

Northern Coalition.: 31

Tactical Narcotics Team: 21

RvB - RED Federation: 18

Other: 155

Our congratulations to the players who made it on to the list of top 25 killers in Tama yesterday, alongside eight developers. This list excludes capsules, rookie ships and shuttles that were killed (because come on, that’s not really sporting, is it chaps).

CCP GingerDude: 37

CCP Klumpur: 35

Space Chi: 33

Sekh Ondaari: 32

Jack bubu: 24

Beastoria: 21

Joe Public: 21

CCP TomB: 20

CCP Soulless: 20

Margido: 16

CCP Diagoras: 16

MhG29L: 16

Jirad TiSalver: 16

Blood r4ge: 16

The United NPCs of Tama: 13

CCP Space Cadet: 13

DeVoT1oN: 13

Mang0o: 12

CCP Zirnitra: 12

Murtific: 11

CCP Sreegs: 11

Gallactica: 11

James Damar: 11

Mijstor Jedann: 10

DarkXale: 10

Additional props to Beastoria for landing the final blow on four CCP ships, with Fattymcbutterpants (a name which had the CCP fleet unified in laughter when called out as primary on EVE voice) and another character who should probably be renamed, both achieving three final blows each. We’re also happy to report that whilst NPCs did indeed manage to destroy 13 ships in Tama yesterday, no CCP ships were lost to NPCs. And that's despite CCP Sreeg’s Nanobot Accelerator rigged buffer tank.

After the last CCP pilot was blasted full of holes and sent on his merry way via the clone express, players kept fighting in the system for almost four hours.

We had our backend tool construct a word cloud from the biggest thread discussing the event, and judging by that, fun was had.

Many thanks to everyone who took part and had fun with us, all of us here at CCP who were able to be there had an absolute blast. I’m certain that this is far from being the last time a fleet is spotted leaving Polaris.

If you have any tips or feedback for us for future events, or want to make fun of our fits, please visit the comments thread for this blog.

CCP Diagoras

http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=3210
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: [DEVBLOG] we came, we saw…we were slaughtered.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 05:11:33 PM »
I was there.

So far only seen 4 mails, I know I whored onto more than that, but I was in a fleet of randoms half of whom more than likely dont know how to poast :S

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 05:49:00 PM »
I was there.

So far only seen 4 mails, I know I whored onto more than that, but I was in a fleet of randoms half of whom more than likely dont know how to poast :S

as long as they know how to spell  ???

sounds like it was fun, how many people are pissed though about being killed by CCP? (i.e. dicks)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 06:03:52 PM »
Oops meant to type post, but slipped into FHC vernacular...

Re the pissiness, its mainly over plex and high ends mods dropping. And that the super fleets that jumped in will have got it all.  Including myself I know of 10 guys who each looted at least 1 plex from that field, so it really went to whoever got a newb ship there fastest :D And the supers were 100km off the wreck field anyway...

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 04:53:46 AM »
Sounds like fun.

Really need to get back.