Author Topic: Theoretical: If 0.0/BC doesnt work out..  (Read 6450 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Theoretical: If 0.0/BC doesnt work out..
« on: February 16, 2011, 06:27:25 PM »
I meant to post this a while ago, but I R DUMB.

Basically, during the time that Beyond Control was just an extra chat channel or two for us (some might say it still is), and we as a corp were/are inactive for whatever game we like this week, or real life issues, or BC just sucking out our souls a year ago etc, Hrod started looking around for new homes for us as a corp - trying people from pretty much all the big pewpew blocks in EVE.

However obviously none of these ever really panned out - not that we ever got many answers Hrod eh?. So it got a couple of us to thinking that the best idea may be for us, should this BC in 0.0 thing not work out, would be to move corps and find another corp willing to take us on as a group of friends with varying different skills and what not and just keep maadi as a shell for alts and random stuff its too much hassle to divide etc.  Obviously if our interests had us go further ways from that juncture, then we'd at least have a forum and a chat channel for getting stuff together that way.

Yes, MAADI could recruit, but for us that would be difficult given that we arent always active, we dont really fit one playstyle or another which makes finding suitable folks inside of eve a herculean task.

This thread isnt a statement of our intent to do this, but more of a "this is best if xx doesnt happen" and its also here to let you know, and see what sort of interest we would have if we did this and what sort of direction we should look in and so on.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 06:31:44 PM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Theoretical: If 0.0/BC doesnt work out..
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 06:44:46 PM »
Best response I got was "get back in a month or so" from the testies. (seriously doubt they will want more people even with the entire of fountain at their disposal)

Offline Rexorr

• MAADI
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 11:23:11 PM »
I like that as a plan.  With my 4yr old running the house, my playtime is getting eroded.  Being in a large corp/alliance would be the way to go for maximizing the fun during my limited play time.  Will see how BC turns out.
"Welcome to Eve, here is a Rubic's cube, now fuck off."  - CCP Soundwave

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Theoretical: If 0.0/BC/EVE doesnt work out..
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 08:48:53 AM »
So, it may have to come to pass - upcoming changes MAY make 0.0 a nuisance for those of you who live there or attempt too - and so I revisit this topic.

While I posted that I think we could move on as a group and find people willing to take us, I am not so sure that may work for us all.

After 6 years I am beginning to doubt CCP and their ability to focus on spaceships, so am going to be selling all my remaining alts that are on active accounts and once done keep the Mangala account running off isk in the hope that they make spaceships awesome again. And given that when I am on I spend alot of time docked chatting in various places, I wouldnt be of use to other entities, so remaining in RVB is the best solution for me.

As to those of you remaining in MAADI who do want to move on together, then I can help find somewhere that you may like and stuff?  Or if people want to go their own ways we can divi up assets and wallet and what not.  (Hell join the NC if you want, yes space changes will affect them a bit but they use moons to pay for sov...)

I just dont see maadi working as anything more than a retirement home for people who havent logged in for ages now.

I do suggest if people just want to pewpew and get a combat record - RVB ;) Then moving on somewhere people care is easier. Obviously theres a load of different options...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 02:25:25 PM by Mangala »

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 09:13:31 AM »
After 6 years I am beginning to doubt CCP and their ability to focus on spaceships, so am going to be selling all my remaining alts that are on active accounts and once done keep the Mangala account running off isk in the hope that they make spaceships awesome again.

WHOOSH!
Where did that come from all of a sudden?

But yeah, I'm no stranger to the sentiment that you have about MAADI.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 09:19:04 AM »
After 6 years I am beginning to doubt CCP and their ability to focus on spaceships, so am going to be selling all my remaining alts that are on active accounts and once done keep the Mangala account running off isk in the hope that they make spaceships awesome again.

WHOOSH!
Where did that come from all of a sudden?

But yeah, I'm no stranger to the sentiment that you have about MAADI.

Ive been getting increasingly bitter over the past few months, and fanfest tipped me over. Lack of spaceships focus really didnt enamour me, even with "promised" fixes from team bff it just isnt enough, and since I only really need 1 account to shoot people - or have the patience to run these days...

And then finding myself unable to sleep last night I decided to do a few things and this was one of them.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 09:25:23 AM »
To be honest given MAADI's basis in this community I am surprised it has lasted as long as it has - testament to the fact that EVE does have "something" I suppose, but when its pretty much down to 4 or 5 guys who all have different views on EVE and what they want, its not going to go anywhere.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 11:26:16 AM »
One thing that struck me while at the barbers.

If MAADI does fold/go even less active, BC is stuck in a position of not being able to afford its bills unless the other parties take up the difference. Which then sees their 0.0 life terminated if they dont, and tbh I think they can make a go of it as renters out there, they seem happy enough out there.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 01:05:54 PM by Mangala »

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 02:01:19 PM »
Even if they can take it isk-wise, afaik they depend on Hrods logistics quite heavily.
Plus the mental blow they'd get.

Don't think we should have this influence our decision too much though...
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 02:07:28 PM »
Even if they can take it isk-wise, afaik they depend on Hrods logistics quite heavily.
Plus the mental blow they'd get.

Don't think we should have this influence our decision too much though...

Of course - was just making sure we all understood that :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 03:22:41 PM »
One thing I do advise - lets not rush into this - theres a couple of weeks of evaluation time as to how bad it is - if it is - and for Sin to ask AAA if they have plans to reduce rent if necessary - all before the next rent period starts and so on.

Wouldnt want to cause folks to jump ship all because Im bitter ;)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 04:04:56 PM »
I'm going to refuel the bimener towers today and stay for that time at least. But hauling shit to c-f etc well... thats a different story.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 04:29:29 PM »
I'm going to refuel the bimener towers today and stay for that time at least. But hauling shit to c-f etc well... thats a different story.

:)

Dont worry about the logistics - they have carriers, Ombe have a couple of rorq pilots and stuff. (Im sure they have a rorq too now).

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 05:03:07 PM »

:)

Dont worry about the logistics - they have carriers, Ombe have a couple of rorq pilots and stuff. (Im sure they have a rorq too now).

Dont' give a shit about the other corps any longer, much less omber after that comment he made (in general I really don't respond well to thinly veiled insults at my devotion to something given the time i tried to actually get the alliance somewhere earlier)

I was thinking about our towers there.
IIRC they have fuel for 2 weeks more or something like that. (I'll check later) so its no real effort to keep them alive, mostly just moving stuff for the reactions. In either way it means we need a decision around that time.

At the moment what I'm leaning towards is to get maadi shit out of tenerifis and run the reactions in bim out of fuel (one month). Move hrod/linnea into rvb and get some pvp then try to see if someone will take me, if not well then i'll find something else to do rather than spin in station. There is no place in eve for a small corp/alliance.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2011, 05:58:42 PM »
what's this omber stuff you mentioned a few times now?
was it in game or?
have to admit i didnt follow BC forum too much lately