Author Topic: BC possibly? renting off -A- info.  (Read 25494 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: BC possibly? renting off -A- info.
« Reply #165 on: April 14, 2011, 08:00:31 AM »
Yada yada yada.

http://maadim.handsofjustice.co.uk/bcforum/index.php?topic=153.0
tlwr; MAADI will leave BC

MAADI - a bunch of guys frequenting the HoJ forum/community, that play lots of different games, of which EvE is one. We go where the fun is, and try flock together on a particular server.

The height of our EvE presence was in 2009, but some of us sticked to the game ever since. As you might have noticed though, our activity hasnt been high. Coming to 0.0 with you guys was an experiment for us that we hoped would flare our enthusiam for the game again and would bring some of our friends back to the game. Both things didn't quite happen. Mang has too much fun in RvB, I didn't get out of 0.0 what I wanted, Hrod was so busy hauling stuff that he didnt have time for anything else, etc. And the ex-EvE HoJ members that we had hoped would come back found their fun on other games instead.
Also - our general discontent with CCP's policy for 0.0 hasnt helped either.

All in all, we've decided to stop our experiment and pull out of 0.0. Part of our towers have been pulled out already, the last ones will follow (if they haven't already). We payed this month's rent to give you guys the opportunity to attract (a) new (corp) to help pay the rent, etc. But we are sure you can pull your weight around there, as in practice you have done so already over the last month (with our activity near zero).

MAADI will stay as a stable base for the HoJ folk, but most of it's active members will prolly move on to greener pastures. Some of us will join Mang in RvB, of others I do not know yet what their future plans are yet. All I know that we will stay in touch through the HoJ forum and EvE chat-channel 'HoJ gaming'.
I am sure Mang will neatly tie off any loose ends he has left in the BC-empire corp, but I'll leave it to him to tell you about his planned actions there (as I dont have a clue what's left undone and what not).

All that's left for me to do is wish you all the luck and heaps of fun in 0.0. I'm sure you guys will be succesful as you lot have lots of guys with the required skills and enthusiasm :)

HF!
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #166 on: April 14, 2011, 08:14:44 AM »
I actually could not have put it better myself.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #167 on: April 14, 2011, 08:43:06 AM »
I do find AAA's position gay as fuck btw:
Hello all,

We have been talking about asking for a rent change... and I was supposed to talk to -A- about it...
Well I won't, since -A- already announced changes due to the new upcoming CCP changes.

Essentially it comes down to those systems with a lower sec rating then us will pay less, we pay the same and systems with a higher sec rating will even pay more...
So nothing changes for us...

This is not the final word on it though, they will be monitoring these changes themselves (the one in charge of renting is also renting from -A- himself, so he knows what happens) and will change the system if needed...

Sofar by the way it doesn't seem bad yet... there indeed is a nerf on the anoms, but the plexes should be fixed... so in the end it should improve our systems (if we get full upgrading done that is and it seems the rent amounts are actually based on that). We have to see what happens thus.

On another note: Ras is in charge of upgrading the systems (both) to pirate 4 / entrapment 3!
Then we will be done with upgrading for now... we will then have a small billion left and i don't want to take risks... so that stays in the bank. If we can raise some extra cash on alliance ops or so we can always get more in off course, otherwise the next ones will be next month.

Sin

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 14, 2011, 09:11:30 AM »
I do find AAA's position gay as fuck btw:
Hello all,

We have been talking about asking for a rent change... and I was supposed to talk to -A- about it...
Well I won't, since -A- already announced changes due to the new upcoming CCP changes.

Essentially it comes down to those systems with a lower sec rating then us will pay less, we pay the same and systems with a higher sec rating will even pay more...
So nothing changes for us...

This is not the final word on it though, they will be monitoring these changes themselves (the one in charge of renting is also renting from -A- himself, so he knows what happens) and will change the system if needed...

Sofar by the way it doesn't seem bad yet... there indeed is a nerf on the anoms, but the plexes should be fixed... so in the end it should improve our systems (if we get full upgrading done that is and it seems the rent amounts are actually based on that). We have to see what happens thus.

On another note: Ras is in charge of upgrading the systems (both) to pirate 4 / entrapment 3!
Then we will be done with upgrading for now... we will then have a small billion left and i don't want to take risks... so that stays in the bank. If we can raise some extra cash on alliance ops or so we can always get more in off course, otherwise the next ones will be next month.

Sin

yeah, that was an 'eyebrowraiser' for me too...
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #169 on: April 14, 2011, 10:08:52 AM »
They took it well.

Here's hoping they keep on trucking.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 14, 2011, 08:03:59 PM »
They took it well.

Here's hoping they keep on trucking.

reposted my yadas on the general forums. here's hoping that the cannonfodder will take it as well as the directors.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #171 on: April 14, 2011, 08:05:44 PM »
Probably dont even know who we are ;)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 14, 2011, 08:08:02 PM »
ha!  :D

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 26, 2011, 02:44:10 PM »
Was quite a fight though... But what was that REAL guy doing there?

http://maadim.handsofjustice.co.uk/beyondkills/?a=kill_related&kll_id=2587

Offline Rexorr

• MAADI
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 01, 2011, 04:14:53 AM »
They killed 9 BS an assault frig and a Hic for the loss of a carrier and a cov ops and I think they still lost the engagement.   That is an impressive blob tho. what they hell do you need 90 ships for?  Freaking Eve Uni doesn't have blobs that big.
"Welcome to Eve, here is a Rubic's cube, now fuck off."  - CCP Soundwave