Author Topic: BC possibly? renting off -A- info.  (Read 25523 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
BC possibly? renting off -A- info.
« on: February 04, 2011, 09:16:49 PM »
Command isnt yet ready to share I suppose. Whereas I am ;)

OK, these are the regions for rent:
The ones that seem best to me I added <BC> behind :)

Catch
9KOE-A
36N-HZ
QSM-LM
QBQ-RF
B-3QPD
A-803L
VA6-DR
K0CN-3 Reserved
L7XS-5

Tenefris
3L3N-X
UALX-3
DT-PXH
S4-9DN
Y-ORBJ
6-IAFR
C-FD0D <BC>
S-9RCJ <BC>
ZMV9-A <BC>, ICE
M-4KDB ICE
U2U5-A Reserved
YF-P4X
"Constelation G3IP-E" Reserved

Feythbolis Note
OCU4-R
PO-3QW

Impass Note
Y-JKJ8
IV-UNR
Rental Costs Tables

Space:
ExpenseAmountCost P/UTotal CostPeriod
Rent to -A-22 BILLION P/System4 BILLIONPer Month
TCU2180 MILLION360 MILLIONPer 30 days
MilUp0Per 30 days
IndUp0Per 30 days
Total42.18 BILLION4.36 BILLION

TCU = Territorial Control Unit
MilUp = Military Upgrades
IndUp = Industrial Upgrades

How the above splits per corp/pilot:
CostPilotsRent P/PilotRent P/Corp
4.36 BILLION15029,066,6661.09 BILLION

Cost per corp based on member numbers using 29,066,666 as a guide:
Corp NameTickerMembersJoinedRent P/Month
New Eden Recon Force.NERF559/12/091,598,666,630
Ma'adim LogisticsMAADI2810/12/09813,866,648
Bank of Beyond Control.BBC111/12/0929,066,666
Duolith SystemsDUOS1312/12/09377,866,658
Nerfed BankingNERFB18/01/1129,066,666
Omber CompanyOMBE5230/01/111,511,466,632
Total61504,360,000,000
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 09:49:25 AM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: BC possibly? renting off -A- info.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 09:34:50 PM »
Tbh, they seem exorbitant - but thats the new system versus the old syetm when you guys lived in Fountain (I'll dig up anything we have on those costs etc as a comparison if folks are interested?), given that Im certain no 1 corp in the alliance will meet these from their current incomes, let alone any perceived iskprinters they may find in 0.0; Excepting maybe us - Hrod does like his towers (just wish youd take a salary!) - but the effort required may burn you out ;)

However I dont know ROCKU & OMBE that well so they could be power houses of 'bears.

Anyways, I posted to have the info to get some opinions.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 09:36:15 PM »
should it be based on corp members x per person split of cost, we could cut ours down by kicking lots of chars that havent logged for ages ;)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 10:02:27 PM »
I was going to post my notes but for some reason I couldn't get on anything but ts and the game :/

•   Tenefris
L3N-X
UALX-3
DT-PXH
S4-9DN
Y-ORBJ
6-IAFR <br>C-FD0D
S-9RCJ
ZMV9-A , ICE
M-4KDB , ICE
U2U5-A Reserved
YF-P4X
"Constelation G3IP-E" Reserved

•   Feythbolis Note
OCU4-R
PO-3QW

Impass Note
Y-JKJ8
IV-UNR
•   “best”: Racnim Sinedia >
C-FD0D  (one jump from hed)
S-9RCJ
ZMV9-A , ICE
•   2bn/system
•   ~6,5bn inc tcu 3 systems
•   “total” ownership of systems
•   No ratting outside of our own system (inc escalation) unless allowed by owners
•    Catch
9KOE-A
36N-HZ
QSM-LM
QBQ-RF
B-3QPD
A-803L
VA6-DR
K0CN-3 Reserved
L7XS-5

•   Ihub costs?
•   Docking rights at all –a- stations
•   Refining? Tax?  Possible on pos?
•   Jump bridge network? No but might be possible to arrange for payment
•   Intel channel
•   Pvp? Vague “can join fleets with aaa” but didn’t seem certain on it.
•   Aaa renter forum? Probably not
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 10:09:35 PM by peo »

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 10:06:41 PM »
In total 20+1 belts. (on the Best sin thought)
Basically what seems to be standard fee.
Lots of moons. (no data on dotlan...)
-.23 - -.3 sec
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 10:10:39 PM by peo »

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 10:17:46 PM »
Basically, given that we need to make 6bn per month (+sov costs) there is one way and thats moon humping. These systems could very well be completely barren. Not a single mineable or worthwhile moon.

I've tried to find out and if we ignore all strategic upgrades (no cynojammer or beacon, no supercaps and no jumpbridge) the only cost per month seems to be the TCU.

A lot of discussion went into jumpfreighters and "getting one as an alliance" etc. I'd rather focus on actually making enough to pay the rent rather than thinking a JF is some end all be all of stuff. This was in response to me saying that you in general dont refine stuff in 00 but compress and jump out. This is apart from ice which you can get 100% from a pos. (they didn't want to listen really... "we would probably like to refine there to build ammo etc...")

Looking at the map the three systems sin picked out seem isolated. Or in the middle of a huge blue pile of shit.
Closest enemy will be IT in querious...

So I don't really know. If the space as good moons it could be usable for moon humping. But the likelyhood of aaa renting out space good in that way (I doubt they dont have a 100% accruate moonmap) isn't very high...

So I dont know.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 10:30:28 PM by peo »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 10:25:49 PM »
Does look like shitty moons btw - unless AAA and Goons before them and WN now and Init etc are really good at keeping secrets.

Found this anyways:

http://scrapheap-challenge.com/viewtopic.php?p=754118#754118

(But whatever you find out about Moons, keep to us, not anyone else ;D)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 10:31:16 PM »
I think the vagueness on pvp etc is because he didnt ask. I'll nag him to do so - as its what i want to do out there. 'Bearing isnt me.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 10:37:28 PM »
I think the vagueness on pvp etc is because he didnt ask. I'll nag him to do so - as its what i want to do out there. 'Bearing isnt me.

I know he didn't ask, he basically thought a intelchannel was rare for renters and that it was the same as aaa used which also he said meant we could join fleets with them.
This seems a bit unlikely to me though.

As for the moons and thing you posted, yes, its unlikely to have r64s (or tech). But its an old thread. Lots of moons in 00 aren't on dotlan as well people can't be arsed to do it. Remember I found a couple of good moons in Fountain and that was at the time the most represented region in dotlan. So no guarantees about that.

The ZMV system has only been held by aaa and init... and not their renter alliances so that system could ahve some gems possibly. (the ice system)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 11:04:36 PM »
A lot of discussion went into jumpfreighters and "getting one as an alliance" etc. I'd rather focus on actually making enough to pay the rent rather than thinking a JF is some end all be all of stuff. This was in response to me saying that you in general dont refine stuff in 00 but compress and jump out. This is apart from ice which you can get 100% from a pos. (they didn't want to listen really... "we would probably like to refine there to build ammo etc...")

In before the JF gets robbed.

Toys like JFs etc are always personal - or occasionally if commies, corp - owned toys, and not something an alliance would hold - as who would hold, who would get to use it and when etc, and as I said - someone would steal (or scram it and open a cyno and get it hotdropped :D) it, too easy to do so.

I do think they should be listening to you more - we (well you folks) did the renter thing for ages in Fountain and even though we had npc stations to help with some of the logistics, you (especially you) know what you are on about when it comes to all of this. 

Id suggest letting them do what they think is right out there, and then being all "yes I'll help you fix it for a fee" when it goes horribly wrong - ie misconfigured towers, poorly implemented plans for what those towers do etc.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 11:07:00 PM »
The thing on paying the rent gets me too, obviously 6bill is gonna be needed upfront, and im wondering which corps can afford their share right off, and be certain theyd make enough to pay the next months in that time?

I mean I can always bundle a couple of bill into maadis wallet, thats no thing, but I doubt the other corps have a sugar daddy.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 11:14:57 PM »
Talked this over with Beth for a bit tonight...
Things that bugged me:
- 4 jumps to nearest station (access???), so similarish to Fountain = living out of a pos mostly - I know one or two folks within MAADI vowed never to do that again.
- Cost is very, very high
- No clue if we can make that amount of isk out of those systems. NERF leadership seems to think this should easily be gotten out of ratting/plexing.
- There is no self sufficient logistics available within BC, bar a few caps.
- NERF/BC really seems to want to rush things. 0.0 by end of the month is what I heard Beth vow. Though they have reasons for wanting to rush things, I think they're overdoing it.
- I think it is underestimated how long it will take to get ppl to come to 0.0 (our Fountain experience in mind)
- Prolly more

Additionally I doubt how much good it will do MAADI to make this leap, as we will no doubt have ppl staying behind, stretching our meager playerbase even more (with all accompanying consequences of even lower activity, etc.) (1), plus MAADI's enthusiasm for being in BC has never been too great (for long) (2), plus the seemingly general skepticism about BC's plans from day 1 by the two most driving players (IMHO) within MAADI (3), plus one of said players still having too much fun in RvB (4), plus the sucking power of a hundred other games that generally seems to have an above average grip on MAADI players (5)

Other than that... 0.0! yay!  :P
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 11:35:34 PM »
should it be based on corp members x per person split of cost, we could cut ours down by kicking lots of chars that havent logged for ages ;)
18 chars logged in in the last month.
20 if we don't kick Aerie/Mellisan, who have been quite active till quite recent (but more than a month apparently).
Still 600M/month, that's about 100M/month for every (truely) active player(!) we still got left. I know I can't cough up 100M/month.

Also, holding on to the Derelik moons while we're in godknowswhere.0 will become a (even bigger) logistic clonejumping nightmare for you know who, so imho need to cut them loose too. Unless you know who is even more masochistic than I thought.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 11:38:04 PM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 11:46:43 PM »
NERF leadership seems to think this should easily be gotten out of ratting/plexing

This is the fault of exNERFers who moved onto the NC and started bearing isk up there, they made it sound like the streets of 0.0 are full of plexes and npcs worth billions just waiting for people to claim them.  Yes, you can get lucky doing that, but theres so much mindless grind in between the big scores - those of you who ratted in Fountain surely can tell them how painful it can be, especially if you need to be watching for roamers and even other renters trying to either kill you or steal your chains etc.

They also dont seem to be thinking about how many from each corp - discounting alts - would actually be moving. In any group there is always going to be the folks who stay in hisec for whatever reason, be it no time to commit to 0.0, they have coveted copy slots in empire they never want to leave, they are traders etc etc  So while theres 228 characters, I cant see more than 50-60 real people there, and of that how many would get to 0.0?  More importantly for the alliance corps, is how many of those who do, will help out with the logistics of living out there, do the posmonkey work and the jumping of stuff about and what not?

MAADI's enthusiasm for being in BC has never been too great (for long) (2) , plus the seemingly general skepticism about BC's plans from day 1 by the two most driving players (IMHO) within MAADI (3)
I think we are just sceptical, as the majority of us have done 0.0 as renters and what not, and know what to expect out there, yet Sin et al, have this imaginary ideal of it and it shows in this naive eagerness they have to get out to 0.0; I like BC, and the corps in it in so far as I know them, but sometimes they can be a little ignorant about how eve is. Im sure others have.had some issues too - forum access/forum existence etc being one for at least Swuul!

plus one of said players still having too much fun in RvB (4)
I own a disgusting number of rigged ships - last estimate I worked out if I had Red Frog move it all as it is now was 40+ charon loads - just in the RVB areas, and figured while I sort through my shit and wait to see what BC does, Id keep shooting stuff (that and Im one of the few active Blue directors at the mo - hard to find a replacement too out of the current bunch of regulars);

, plus the sucking power of a hundred other games that generally seems to have an above average grip on MAADI players (5)
Magicka is really good!  I like that breach too - tried hosting my own server to play it - nicely explodey, but if a few of us get it, then public servers would be more fun - lots more folks;  Rift is a nice distraction too for me; Oh and its Rugby season in Real Life as well, so plenty of weekends of me yelling at Scots/Irish/Italians and Frenchmen :D

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 11:58:43 PM »
plus one of said players still having too much fun in RvB (4)
[snip figured while I sort through my shit and wait to see what BC does, Id keep shooting stuff[/snip]
and rig even more ships prolly  :D

for the records though, there was no 'thorn' in point (4), it's just how things stand and you know I've been on the brink of joining RvB / random other pvp-richer corp myself