Author Topic: What are we all currently playing?  (Read 51674 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
What are we all currently playing?
« on: July 30, 2009, 07:19:12 AM »
As my title really, whats everyone spending their gaming time playing?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: What are we all currently playing?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 07:30:33 AM »
Eve

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 08:06:03 AM »
Blood Bowl, Dominions 3, WAR, EU:Rome.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 08:21:56 AM »
EvE, LOTRO

you?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Thuggy

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 10:33:32 AM »
Just discovered Mass Effect - damn, its got me hooked! Great story line.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 11:09:14 AM »
Lotro, Blood Bowl, Champions Beta, fallen earth Beta, COH, ermm Eve (ish)

Just discovered Mass Effect - damn, its got me hooked! Great story line.

great game that one ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 11:43:34 AM »
I'm playing - or currently trying to play - too many games.

EVE Online: I log on, read mails, check contracts (private to me that i have arranged) or the general system, fit a ship or two, jump clone around and pretty much station spin.  Difficult to find stuff to do that I want to do :(

Lord of the Rings Online: Log on, play Beo, miss the sky, log off him, log on an alt and eventually start raging about changes to stuff being easier and log off;

Warhammer AoR: Got a slayer going, its fun in the lower bracket.  Not sure if I'll go past T3 though, game is massively fucked in T4 even now;

Planetside: Tower assaults get fucked by my engineer of doom and boomer packs placed EVERYWHERE :D

EUIII: Trying to figure this out slowly;

MTW2: Playing as a now Muslim England in a game ive been playing for about a year now (I extended the turn numbers massively :D).  Its damn awesome having slowly but surely changed the dominant religion. The rebellions in my contintental provinces rocked :D

GTA IV: I have a controller now, and its much easier to play, moves smoother. I wish they hadnt done it as a stright console port and therefore fucked the only good way to control stuff;

Fallout 3 + all released DLC: As freeform an rpg as I can get recently, its great fun;

Simcity 4: My old "boredom" fall back. I load up a city and tweak a little more, rebuild downtown, flatten the po'homes and generally act like Boris on E :D

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 12:26:12 PM »
I'm trying to play Blood Bowl online.

If that fails, there's patience on my PDA that I regularly indulge in.

150 seconds high score.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 12:34:20 PM »
EVE - I just about manage to visit it daily to update skills :-[
LoTRO - havent played it for a while but account is still active.
Civ 4 - Love this game . Its my chill out game that i use to wind down when ive had a rough day / week  :P
LoTR 'the battle for middle earth II colelctors edition' - not a bad stand alone game that occassionally intrudes.

Play time is almost non existant at present so not much of any of these gets done   :'(
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 12:47:43 PM »
HoJ members:

'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 12:49:09 PM »
* Mangala is ashamed to say he doesnt get it...

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 01:18:51 PM »
Was thinking how I met you guys at WAR, and moved on to EvE with some other ppl. Others moved other directions or moved on after EvE, which I meet again in still other games (or not).
Every member is a line, crossing other members, sometimes once, sometimes more often.
Some lines never cross, but are still on the same sheet of paper, which is HoJ.

nvm, I'm bored, and when I am bored silly thoughts pop up in my mind.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 01:19:37 PM »
Was thinking how I met you guys at WAR, and moved on to EvE with some other ppl. Others moved other directions or moved on after EvE, which I meet again in still other games (or not).
Every member is a line, crossing other members, sometimes once, sometimes more often.
Some lines never cross, but are still on the same sheet of paper, which is HoJ.

nvm, I'm bored, and when I am bored silly thoughts pop up in my mind.

Makes sense now.

Kind of a "6 Degrees of Hoj" thing :)

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 02:17:13 PM »
Logging into EvE spinning ships in station sometimes buying a new one and fit that. Can also spend hours reading and trying out fits in eft.
Trying once again to level in lotro. got a guardian to 29 then got frustrated again by the whole cant hit stuff in melee when it moves and is now trying to pick between hunter, lore master, minstrel or just carry on with the guard. And i still havent done Great Barrows. :)
WoW i only log in for a raid now and then. Waiting for patch so i can start farming heroics for new badges and do the new dailies for argent tourny. I expect to get bored again fast.
Looks like my plan to explore eq2 kinda died....
Waiting for Aion to launch. :)

Offline elv

• Friends
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 03:36:49 PM »
not playing anything at the mo

bored off my socks with wow so given up
AoC seemed ok but not really bothered for it (bought the game for a £5 from amazon incl 30 days play so my give it a go at some point but no intention of subscribing)
LOTRO - I never bothered with once the free trial ended just seemed like a clunky lesser version of wow to me
WAR - see above

so i play abit of pro evo and sf4 on me xbox and thats bout it.

laters elv