Author Topic: Losing speed  (Read 5936 times)

Offline Pashur

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Losing speed
« on: October 02, 2009, 09:55:24 PM »
I am sad to say i am loosing speed in CO.
Lvl 27 and I never feel a need to team up and most quests are kill ten boars.
This is not looking good. I think Cryptic launched too early. There is too little content.
I have had great fun trying many chars up to lvl ~15. Nice bunch of super powers to try out,
but when that is old news then what?
Crafting is a failure. I cannot create anything better than I find questing or by mob drops.
Like in WAR it only generates bag management frustration.
What do you guys think?

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
Re: Losing speed
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 07:21:31 AM »
Crafting is a complete waste from what i can see so far.
Still love the character creation and first 15 or so levels.
Highest character i have so far is 26 and im still in the same three areas, canada, desert and MIllenium city. Are there actually any other areas?
It needs to spread out a bit the same old same old of the three areas is killing me.
Still like it though and will still continue to play.
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 10:39:55 AM »
there are other areas

Monster Island  access from 28+ (when crisis becomes available) but id recommend leaving it to 30.

Lemuria access from 30+ (when crisis available) but q is 34 and ive not tried it yet so cant comment.

I personally love the game, i love the PVP when not against a FOTM team, but im going through a cant be bothered with MMOs phase so not logging into much.

The missions are mostly the generic stuff but any MMO that tells you they dont do that is lying, heck even EVEs mission become samey after the first few times, hopefully by the time i get my MMO mojo back in another week or so i reckon they will have sorted the gap i experienced at 33 ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 03:07:51 PM »
I don't recall seeing a single boar :D

The big killer as far as levelling goes was decreasing the XP from quests in order to slow levelling down. This caused the content gap at 31+ (which I'm sort of nearly through), but they reacted pretty quick by adding a smidgen of more content, but its still not quite enough.

All in all though, I'm still really enjoying the game. My main, Paladin, is now 32, Manimal 21, and a score of others in their teens that I bob between. Big new October content patch is due on the 27th, and there seems like theres lots of plans for the future, so I'm a happy camper at the moment.

I suppose we all expect new MMO's to come out with WoW's level of content and polish these days, and forget that even WoW was crap at the start ;D

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 03:26:19 PM »
Some of the manimals are boars i guess ;)

but give it time i can see this improving a lot, when i play i have fun, as i said previously im hating all MMOs at the mo so doing other stuff :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Pashur

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 06:01:57 PM »
Yeah, I will also keep playing. At least for another month or two.
I agree that this game has potential. The problem for many MMOs
nowadays is that players are more prone to MMO-hopping.
The faithful players of Everquest and early WoW are gone.
In the long run I don't think that is bad but short term it will
be financially difficult for new MMO titles.
I am also pretty sure I am in a MMO depression at the moment.