Author Topic: Mission Rewards  (Read 9420 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Mission Rewards
« on: September 08, 2009, 11:50:52 AM »
For a Telekenisis build, what would I best be taking going through missions when it comes to rewards?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Re: Mission Rewards
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 11:59:39 AM »
healing stacks with presence as does -ve threat for support, not got anymore experience than that.

bahhh thats telepathy

TK you want lots of Ego and ???
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 12:04:51 PM by Caradir »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 08:00:05 PM »
Might - STR/CON
Electricity - REC/END
Fire - PRE/REC
Force - EGO/END
Ice - DEX/REC
Archery - DEX/INT
Gadgeteer - INT/END
Munitions - DEX/EGO
Powered Armor - STR/INT
Dual Blades - STR/DEX
Fighting Claws - STR/DEX
Single Blade - STR/DEX
Martial Arts - STR/DEX
Telekinesis - CON/EGO
Telepathy - EGO/PRE
Darkness - CON/END
Sorcery - INT/PRE
Supernatural - CON/REC

maybe this helps?
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 08:01:25 PM »
Might - STR/CON
Electricity - REC/END
Fire - PRE/REC
Force - EGO/END
Ice - DEX/REC
Archery - DEX/INT
Gadgeteer - INT/END
Munitions - DEX/EGO
Powered Armor - STR/INT
Dual Blades - STR/DEX
Fighting Claws - STR/DEX
Single Blade - STR/DEX
Martial Arts - STR/DEX
Telekinesis - CON/EGO
Telepathy - EGO/PRE
Darkness - CON/END
Sorcery - INT/PRE
Supernatural - CON/REC

maybe this helps?

Much love for that :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 08:03:25 PM »
although i dont agree with all that especially for Power Armour where id go STR/CON every time as thast the 2 stats that invulnerability scales from, and INT is for pets and general skill cost reduction so not a main concern unless you want to fully charge that chest beam.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 08:06:47 PM »
Im staying firmly away from Power Armor builds until I get wheels.  Stupid lacking customisation design :S

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 11:36:08 AM »
Con and end is better for TK. Was Reading a thread on the co boards about it. Ego is no gd without high dex, whereas end increases base tk dmg.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 11:46:37 AM »
Con and end is better for TK. Was Reading a thread on the co boards about it. Ego is no gd without high dex, whereas end increases base tk dmg.

ego blades are switching to ego matey as is ego form ;)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 11:59:01 AM »
heres the quote from the test shard patch notes

Telekinesis: Ego Blades: All Ego Blade powers should scale off of the Ego stat now instead of Endurance. All descriptions mentioning that scaling have been updated as well. Also fixed Ego Annihilation and Ego Weaponry to display the correct names while Id Blades are active, so they function like the rest of the Ego Blade attacks.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 11:03:20 AM »
heres the quote from the test shard patch notes

Telekinesis: Ego Blades: All Ego Blade powers should scale off of the Ego stat now instead of Endurance. All descriptions mentioning that scaling have been updated as well. Also fixed Ego Annihilation and Ego Weaponry to display the correct names while Id Blades are active, so they function like the rest of the Ego Blade attacks.

ah ok. That'll teach me for blind posting from my phone while in Newquay :P

hope they implement full retcon soon, else Wraithwing is gimped, as con and end are his super stats...

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 11:04:07 AM »
full retcon is now live ;)
A full Retcon is available for any character created before 2009-09-10 08:30 UTC. To use it, visit the Powers Trainer, choose "Retcon," and click on "Use Free Reset."
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 11:08:58 AM by Caradir »

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 11:32:11 AM »
Newquay
I've been there! On my bike!  :)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 12:24:00 PM »
breaking news: free retcon didnt make it in today eta tomorrow lol :)

Offline Pashur

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 12:30:28 PM »
I will also jump on this free respec. I have made a few mistakes with my first characters and never could afford a respec.
I now start to understand how the stats work so I would like to comment on Telekenisis question. I made one of these guys and really like him. The caster energy feedback with melee finisher fits me well.

For a Telekenisis build, what would I best be taking going through missions when it comes to rewards?

Per default Dex(crit) and Ego(crit bonus) are the only stats that will increase damage. Str will to a lesser degree for melee characters but it is unclear to what degree. I suppose this is valid for Telekenisis melee attacks as well but I am of course not sure. Besides Dex and Ego you will increase your damage by investing in your two superstats. If those two are Dex and Ego that will, for most classes, maximize your dps. However some powers(attacks) may scale with other Stats, for Telekenisis it used to be Endurance (according to the powers' help text). We will see if this has been changed to Ego in this patch. If not Endurance is also a good choice for a superstat in a Telekenisis build. For levelling I think picking Recovery, Endurance and Constituion are good stats since it will make it easier to survive and hence faster levelling. For example, if Constitution is a superstat you will not only increase your hit points but also your dps.
If I got something wrong I hope the more experienced super heros will correct me.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 12:56:08 PM »
I will also jump on this free respec. I have made a few mistakes with my first characters and never could afford a respec.
I now start to understand how the stats work so I would like to comment on Telekenisis question. I made one of these guys and really like him. The caster energy feedback with melee finisher fits me well.

Per default Dex(crit) and Ego(crit bonus) are the only stats that will increase damage. Str will to a lesser degree for melee characters but it is unclear to what degree. I suppose this is valid for Telekenisis melee attacks as well but I am of course not sure. Besides Dex and Ego you will increase your damage by investing in your two superstats. If those two are Dex and Ego that will, for most classes, maximize your dps. However some powers(attacks) may scale with other Stats, for Telekenisis it used to be Endurance (according to the powers' help text). We will see if this has been changed to Ego in this patch. If not Endurance is also a good choice for a superstat in a Telekenisis build. For levelling I think picking Recovery, Endurance and Constituion are good stats since it will make it easier to survive and hence faster levelling. For example, if Constitution is a superstat you will not only increase your hit points but also your dps.
If I got something wrong I hope the more experienced super heros will correct me.

Strength - Knockback, Knockback Resistance, Tangible Hold Breakfree, Physical Melee Damage
Dexterity - Critical Chance, Stealth Range
Constitution – Maximum Health
Intellect - Reduced Energy Costs, Reduced Cooldowns, Stealth Detection
Ego - Critical Severity, Intangible Hold Breakfree
Presence - Threat Generation
Recovery – Energy Equilibrium, Energy Generation
Endurance – Maximum Energy

Your choices of superstat improve your damage, so if i took Presence and INtelligence (not that i would ;) ) theyd both add to damage.

TK powers are indeed using Ego over Endurance as of todays patch

Regeneration passive defense scales with recovery.

Useful LInkie